Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 130 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3080120127128129130131132133140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1543
    BANNED

Country

curious to see what u are asking for the bruce?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice graphs Erik!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings New York Yankees Indianapolis Colts
    Instagram:

Nice day of graphing! This is one of my favorite threads and I'm sure it is for many others.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sprooch's Items on eBay

Very cool chapman

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks guys! I had a good couple of graphing days, glad you guys enjoyed it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hi Erik,

I must confess that I’ve been a silent observer on this sitefor many years. As a lifelong sports fan and a big time autograph enthusiast, I love to hear other peoples’ success stories. Quite often the bickering/hatethat you see in most online message boards is enough of a deterrent to keep meaway from posting anything. However, your stories and articulation may havebreathed some new life into me. I absolutely love reading your stories andhearing about your successes (and unfortunately the failures that anyone wholoves graphing has dealt with too).

As I scrolled back through older posts, I read that you haveA LOT of experience graphing at all different MLB related venues. In August, Iam going on a trip to Cleveland to see the Yankees play the Indians. During thetime, I will be staying at least one night in the same hotel the Yankees willbe staying in. Do you have any experience with, or have you heard what thegraphing experience is like if you’re actually staying in the team hotel? Also,do you know what it’s like graphing inside before the game starts?

Any advice you may have would be tremendously appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Joe

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey Joe glad you are a reader- PM me for help. I've never graphed in Cleveland, though, but may be able to help.

Went to the sixers draft party tonight. As usual the event was overhyped and underdelivered. The event promised the chance to meet Dr. J, Moses Malone, Darryl Dawkins, World B Free and a few others. Autos were not specified.

Yet when I get there, they tell me that only season ticket holders will have the meet and greets. Good to know... After I am there. Expectations were lowered.

So I get inside and it wasn't that bad. Dr. J was hanging around and I tried to get him to sign and his handlers said not now, he will sign later. So I accepted that and moved on.

I saw to my delight that HOF Moses Malone, who is actually apparently harder to get than J, was signing in a booth with World B. I got in line and got them both.

So then they announce that Dr. J would be signing... in the VIP season ticket holder tent only. Oh well, I guess I could understand it.

But, not being one to take no for an answer, I ninja'ed my way into the VIP line. I learn once inside that even SEASON TICKET HOLDERS have to get a team item signed by him, no outside items. The team item was a piece of computer paper with a 2 inch pic of Dr. J on it. Pathetic.

I get to the front of the line, and 3 people in front of me, he shut the line down. At that time my friend told me that when he sat down they handed him a stack of photos for every VIP tent, and he said "that's too many," and cut the pile in half and handed the rest back. So again, even SEASON TICKET HOLDERS were denied what they were promised. This shell game is no way to run an organization.

They did announce that Darryl Dawkins would be replacing him in the booth shortly, so since I was up front I decided to wait. It was pouring rain at that point. I got to the front and although he wasn't super happy to sign my outside photo and sign it in a silver, he did it. Somehow, despite the rain and the deco needing to dry, it still came out OK, not great.

He signed my breaking the glass photo as darryl chocolate thunder. Pretty awesome graph.

All in all got a free Tshirt, and free graphs, so I shouldn't complain. But I just don't like the whole "come here and MEET PLAYERS!" and then there is no chance to meet them. The sixers often use shell games like this to attract people and I am sick of it.

Oh well, I still had a good night and got my $0 worth.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See leong1's Items on eBay

Hey I think you did pretty great. You got all the big names and a shot at Dr. J. All in the same day. Moses Malone is tough, and I read he can be pretty grumpy if you try to get him IP. He is a HOFer, and a tough graph. So that right there is worth it.
    Great report. And nice pics!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Nice Malone man, Always love to see what you can get!

Also real quick, (and sry cyberer) if JoeDrake is still reading, I live in OH and do OH signing. Hit me up on PM if you need help. Fair warning, Yankees are usually horrible with signing!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dscards33's Items on eBay

The Timberwolves do the exact same thing. They advertised player autograph signings at their fall scrimmage, then announced that only season ticket holders could participate once you arrived. They also handed out "Golden Tickets" that stated "Win entry to the postgame autograph session!" on them if you brought them to a certain part of the stadium. When you went to redeem, they told you that you would need to buy a season ticket package to have a chance to win.

Regardless, nice successes given the circumstances.

Page 130 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3080120127128129130131132133140 ... LastLast