Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: The New Project

SCF Rewards
    Country

The New Project

SO I decided to start a new project as I have not sent off any sports requests in forever. I plan on collecting rookie cards of HOFers and Stars ttm. The problem is it is very stressful sending a $300 card TTM lol!

Sent out:

1939 Playball Bobby Doerr (PSA 6 Crackout) + $5

Incoming from eBay:
    1948 Bowman Bob Feller (PSA 1)
    1974 OPC Scotty Bowman
    1956 Topps Chuck Bednarik
    1986 Fleer Joe Dumars
    1977 Topps Robert Parish
    1972 Topps Charlie Joiner
    1979 Topps Ozzie Newsome
    2010 Jewish Baseball stars Bud Selig (any one know of an earlier card of his?)

Thanks for the look and I will try to keep this post updated!

SCF Rewards
    Country

You should just wait until a signing. Takes balls to send out high value cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would only send to 100% sure things. Doerr is exactly that, he signs anything and everything for free, the 5 dollars should only help things.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am starting with sure things, then figured I'd be ballsy with it. I have gotten some crazy celeb successes because of longshots, so hopefully I will get some surprises then.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Best of luck with the project. I will be honest I have gotten some guys when they were in the minors and later regretted getting them on a card that went hot. I always try to pick the cheapest card I can find to send as the auto is what is important to me not the card it is on.
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content