Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dzc0044's Items on eBay

Funny? exchange with ebay seller

First off - a big hello to everyone I haven't spken to in a great long while! I look forward to catching up and picking up a few new Backes!

OK, I got a new puppy (actually 2) and one of them has the runs right now! So the other night he wakes me up to take him out around 4:15 am.

While I'm outside with him I decide to check the bay for Backes on my cell. I see a Panini Mirror Blue Backes Auto /50 w one bid @ .99 ending in 15 minutes. So I go ahead and bid a couple bucks to see what happens. Dog finishes business and I go in a nd go back to sleep.

Cut to the afternoon...1:31 PM to be precise. The following email excahnge starts...

seller initiates with email: "welcome to the world of blocked bidders"

I reply: "Excuse me? What have I done?"

Seller replies: "its what you didnt do PAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"

Note: I'm kind of freaking out thinking I forgot to pay someone and feeling really bad about it, then I see it's from the auction that ended that morning...less than 12 hours before...while I was asleep...a-hem, 12 hours before...

I reply: "Per your auction description: "payment is now due within 24 hours of auctions ending".
    THE AUCTION ENDED THIS MORNING at 02:45:17 PDT - LESS THAN 12 HOURS AGO!!!

Great Customer Service."

Seller replies: "if you cant afford a BUCK then find someting else to do,,its a bloody joke"

My reply: "I can afford much more than a buck. I'm just saying that you state 24 hours to pay and then start emailing me less than 12 hours after the auction ends complaining I haven't paid! I work Full time. I pay all my won auctions when I get home from work...sometimes after dinner, sometimes before bed, but they get paid that night - as will you tonight, after I get home from work. What are you looking for on the [redacted] /5? If it's reasonable I'm interested."

I never heard back about the /5 I was interested in, guess he doesn't want to sell it. In bed that night, almost asleep around 2:30 AM CST, I realized I hadn't paid yet. I quickly got up and finished the transaction before I had to eat crow!

Was I unreasonable to take umbrage with being badgered for payment less than 12 hours after an auction ended - I mean it did end in the wee hours of the morning and I do work FT, so an immediate payment was unlikely!

Good being back on SCF - TTY all soon!
    seand

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

When you get the card do a claim on the seller! J/K, a neutral or negative is in order though! That is horrible customer service. Care to share the seller's ID so I never buy from them?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (17)
    Country
    See iidaemmi's Items on eBay

Man I hate these guys.. When (or if) you get the card, left neutral to the seller.

Harri

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HK (51)
    Country
    See cathaytrader's Items on eBay

Another unreasonable idiot on ebay. The seller not you !

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See yappeer80's Items on eBay

now just hope you get that card lol ,hes an idiot you did nothing wrong ,i give my winners 7 days to pay if they dont pay i give them 10 days at most and try and contact some people i even give them up to 2 weeks as long as they contact me and tell me whats up first ,this guy is just impatient 12 - 24 hrs is a joke ,

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See derzockersports's Items on eBay

You obviously didn't over-react in response to his 'communication'.

Some guys just have that need to be in total control. Fact of the matter is he can ask you to pay quickly, but I don't think ebay even allows you to file NPB until after 72 hours (I know they shortened their time period from 5 business days). As a seller, if you try to 'force' a buyer to go faster, you just open yourself up to negatives, etc. etc.

I don't know if he deserves a negative or neutral, especially if you get the card you are after safely and timely (and for a great price). I know how I would rate his 'communication', though...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See memorylanekidsonline's Items on eBay

haha...what an idiot, i usually leave 7 days, then email..3-4 times..then wait...another weeek:P, then open a case, dont even block the buyer, lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow....what a moron.
    He needs to get a life instead of waiting 12hours for a few bucks.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @FlyerGuy22 See FlyerGuy22's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

eBay gives you at least 4 days before a seller can open an unpaid case, so for a seller to demand payment in 24 hours is a little ridiculous in and of itself let alone to complain after only 12 hours.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ronfir's Items on eBay

Pretty bad ebay seller!

If you collect Backes, I have this one for sale:

PM if interested.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast