Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: advise question...

SCF Rewards
    Country

advise question...

I found a old Target giftcard in my wallet & belive there might be enough or just shy to buy one of there official MLB balls that comes in a protective cube..

long story short, was going to grab one & send it TTM maybe..

now i know alot of folks require fee's/donations my question is, If you had 1 ball to get signed & had a modest donation to put in it, what " sure deal" HOFER would you send it to?

I know Feller is prolly the best guy going, not sure what he charges for balls, or Berra for that matter.

With Berra returning what he has lately, If i sent him the ball how much you think it would take for him to sign it?

NOTE::: spelled Advice wrong.. my bad.. :-(
    Last edited by Riggs; 11-11-2010 at 07:02 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I would say to select the guy you would most like to have on the baseball. Duke Snider would be my choice of living HOF members who only ask for a small fee or no fee and are good signers. Going with paying a fee Nolan Ryan would be in the coversation really fast.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would say to select the guy you would most like to have on the baseball. Duke Snider would be my choice of living HOF members who only ask for a small fee or no fee and are good signers. Going with paying a fee Nolan Ryan would be in the coversation really fast.

i have seen some RTS from Duke recently so not sure of his health. Ryan would by far be my #1 choice, but im to cheap & dont want to pay for his fee.

something along the lines of free-$20 would be perfect.

SCF Rewards
    Country

i think berra charges $50 ttm

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lizard-jd's Items on eBay

Monte Irvin, Rollie Fingers, Goose Gossage all get $10. Although not a HOF'er (he should be!), for free, I would sent it to Roy Sievers. He has a beautiful signature and was the very 1st selected AL ROY in 1949...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aspoe093's Items on eBay

Bobby Doerr-free
    Lee McPhail-free
    Doug Harvey-free
    Whitey Herzog-5-10
    Those are some pretty easy guys to get

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See darryl-zero's Items on eBay

Just as an aside, Sievers is great to our hobby, but is no where near a HOFer.
    Monte Irvin, Rollie Fingers, Goose Gossage all get $10. Although not a HOF'er (he should be!), for free, I would sent it to Roy Sievers. He has a beautiful signature and was the very 1st selected AL ROY in 1949...

Last edited by druce26; 11-11-2010 at 11:25 PM.
    I NEED 02/03 Topps Heritage Calder Cloth cards!!!
    Always looking for signed Philadelphia Sports Illustrateds!
    Have an odd Richie Ashburn item? I might want it!
    Looking for 66-67 Topps Hockey

SCF Rewards
    Country

i think berra charges $50 ttm

yikes.. well worth it but out of my price range.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think the list is along these lines...

Doerr- $0+ w/HOF
    MacPhail- $0+ w/HOF maybe in Sharpie
    Harvey- $0+ w/HOF
    Feller- $5-10 prolly no HOF
    Fingers- $10 w/HOF
    Gossage- $10-15 w/HOF
    Perry- $20 w/HOF
    Dawson- $20 50/50 HOF
    Niekro- $20 w/HOF
    Herzog- All over the board $5-20 w/HOF
    Weaver- $20 w/HOF
    Irvin- $20 w/HOF
    Kaline-Maybe $20 prolly no scripts
    Ford-$20 prolly no scriptions

Its really all who you prefer from that list. Personally I have a ball signed by Doerr with his full name and a HOF inscription and I love it. I have a few balls signed by him with different inscriptions and always give him a few bucks for them(usually $10) so if you want something a little unique thats a good route.

As for most bang per dollar you cannot top Whitey Ford for $20. Considering his show rate is $79 for just a sig. $20 prolly doesn't get a HOF inscription but its still worth it.

Irvin, MacPhail, and Harvey are all unique too as they are the only living members of the HOF elected by the Negro League committee, VC for execs, and VC for umpires respectively.

Again its all what you like and what you're looking for.
    Last edited by Sawks14; 11-11-2010 at 10:18 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think the list is along these lines...

Doerr- $0+ w/HOF
    MacPhail- $0+ w/HOF maybe in Sharpie
    Harvey- $0+ w/HOF
    Feller- $5-10 prolly no HOF
    Fingers- $10 w/HOF
    Gossage- $10-15 w/HOF
    Perry- $20 w/HOF
    Dawson- $20 50/50 HOF
    Niekro- $20 w/HOF
    Herzog- All over the board $5-20 w/HOF
    Weaver- $20 w/HOF
    Irvin- $20 w/HOF
    Kaline-Maybe $20 prolly no scripts
    Ford-$20 prolly no scriptions

Its really all who you prefer from that list. Personally I have a ball signed by Doerr with his full name and a HOF inscription and I love it. I have a few balls signed by him with different inscriptions and always give him a few bucks for them(usually $10) so if you want something a little unique thats a good route.

As for most bang per dollar you cannot top Whitey Ford for $20. Considering his show rate is $79 for just a sig. $20 prolly doesn't get a HOF inscription but its still worth it.

Irvin, MacPhail, and Harvey are all unique too as they are the only living members of the HOF elected by the Negro League committee, VC for execs, and VC for umpires respectively.

Again its all what you like and what you're looking for.

Thanks all, Really starting to lean towards Doerr.. He really is a great HOFer & been great to this Hobby. Think he would be a perfect addition to for my FIRST RMLB success.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast