Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See thirdshiftradio's Items on eBay

Trade Night Pickups - Worth the look!

Last night my friend talked me into attending trade night at Center Ice Sportscards in Amherst, NY. I never do too good at trade nights as I usually bring the opposite of what everybody wants, but it was my night off and I wanted to check out their new store, so I packed up a trade box grabbed some cash took a ride. The new store was very nice, they had raffles and pizza for all, and packs were flying (story about that at the end of the post). Well I was going to buy a wax box to crack as trading was slow for me. One of the guys had a two row box of stuff he just wanted rid of I was looking through of which I found a number of things I liked. There was enough stuff in it that I asked him what he wanted for it all as it had 200 gu/autos and alot of inserts and rookies - and I ending up spending my wax money on his whole box. Here is the photobucket link to a sampling of what I got in that deal (too many scans to post): http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x...ing%20Lot/

After that deal I started talking to the shop owner who had just purchased a nice hockey collection and was interested in some of the cards in my box. I ended up having to give up some of my high end trade bait - Mats Sundin Complete Jersey, 96/97 BAP Patrick Roy auto, 07/08 Gordie Howe/Ted Lindsey Auto amongst other things, but I think you see will why I gave those cards up These are the three cards I got in return:

3. What can I say I am an old school Nordiques Fan and this card is sick!

2. I had to have this...don't know if it's "worth much" but this card is just amazing and was the first card in the showcase to catch my eye

and #1 No explanation necessary

I still cannot believe I own an Orr auto in my budding hockey collection. Well we were finally wrapping up trade night when the last door prize was given away - a $10 gift card which the guy I bought the gu/auto lot won. He bought 3 packs of 10/11 Upper Deck Hockey and he pulls (I wish I had a scan for proof) a Jordan Eberle UD Exclusives #'d/10!!!!!!!!!

In conclusion, it was a great night had by all. Lots of trading, ripping, and sports talk. I will be returning next month for sure. Thanks for the read and feedback is appreciated. Regards, Adam
    Last edited by Fisk-Factor75; 11-19-2010 at 11:54 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stretchdrummer's Items on eBay

Sounds like a blast! Nice pick-ups too! I wish we had something similar down here in Houston, but not many are hockey collectors. :)

Best of luck next month.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See preifer101486w's Items on eBay

Sounds like the place to be and you did very well with you purchases and trades

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Sounds like the place to be and you did very well with you purchases and trades

Yeah, I am hoping for a bigger turnout next month. They are having a raffle of 30 prizes and one of them is Be a Player Sidney Crosby Auto!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Holy Hell! Sick Orr! LMK if its ft.

nick

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (132)
    Country

NICE pickups!
    Was this at Centre Ice by any chance?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

NICE pickups!
    Was this at Centre Ice by any chance?

Yes it was,......

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Very nice looking cards...CONGRATS !!!!

BANNED

Country

Damn it. I want there to be a trade night in NJ.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See masonraymond0320's Items on eBay

CRAZY GOOD pickups!!!!!!
    Cards are SICK!! Congrats on your first Bobby Orr auto!

:)
    Thanks for sharing!
    Andrew
    Hidden Content
    I collect: Adam Larsson, Mason Raymond and Matt Duchene

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast