Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Best autograph event is?

I have autographed at all sorts of events. MLB, MiLB, NFL,NBA, NFL training camps, MiLB All Star Games, NFL Combines, IL Hockey, College, Conserts, paid signings, Basketball World Championships, NFL HOF weekend, ABA reunion etc... I just know that there are plenty of events that I have never made it to like baseball HOF, College football HOF, baseball spring training or Arizona Fall League baseball. My best autograph experiences have been minor league baseball all star games. I have made it twice to the Triple A and once to Single A all star events. All three were great for autographs and I left thrilled with the signatures that I ended up with. The years that I did the NFL combines were always great as it was easy to get 250-300 index cards signed in a single day. The one year I took the time to see who was drafted vs who I had gotten and it was like 75% of the whole NFL draft! I would say that it was awesome for a day worth of graphing, but they were all on index cards as well. What has been the best events for you to autograph at? Should you be allowed to IP just one event in 2011 what would it be?
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Where is the scouting combine held? That sounds awesome.

I have no events like this to share.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Where is the scouting combine held? That sounds awesome.

I have no events like this to share.

Indianapolis.

I had a great time at the practice rounds of Jack Nicklaus' tournament. The Memorial in Dublin, OH. Arguably the best golf field besides the majors. Maybe even better than the majors. Not to mention, the Golden Bear is there. Great opportunity to snag some sigs from the best golfers in the world.
    Last edited by mmalpedo01; 11-29-2010 at 05:51 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I have never tried a golf event. I have been tempted to try the Jamie Farr Owens Corning in Toledo and try to snag some of those amazing LPGA ladies like Wie, Gulbis and the like. Where would you graph a golf event at? Would you follow that golfer or wait by the clubhouse?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have always had a great time graphing at the Senior Bowl. The future of the NFL right there and most willing to sign no problem. Not to mention the pro players that show up and the coaching staffs from every NFL team. Even some front office personnel. Its a week long event and its in right here in town.

Its alot like the combine in terms of the number of guys getting drafted.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have never tried a golf event. I have been tempted to try the Jamie Farr Owens Corning in Toledo and try to snag some of those amazing LPGA ladies like Wie, Gulbis and the like. Where would you graph a golf event at? Would you follow that golfer or wait by the clubhouse?

The great thing about golf practice rounds is most golfers sign walking from hole to hole, standing on the tee box, walking down the fairway. The best place is coming on or off the putting green or driving range. You can easily get 3/4 of the field if you are there all day. I highly recommend it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jyosi3's Items on eBay

I totally agree that golf practice rounds are the best events to graph. Guys are so laid back and many of them sign at every opportunity. Every single golfer signs at some point in the day. Jim Furyk, who is a pretty big name in golf, had me walk down the center of the fairway with him while he signed my photos. You don't get many athletes in other sports asking you to walk across the field with them while they sign.

I get to graph golf next weekend and I absolutely cannot wait.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See autocollectr79's Items on eBay

for me its a toss up between the combines and nfl hof.combines ive onl been once and it was cold and snowing but still managed 40 or so autographs.i wasnt prepared for how easy it was.the nfl hof u can go to the hotel and they come over or at a dinner they have u can get them walkin around from one building to the other

SCF Rewards
    Country

Three main sources of graphing I would say outside of TTM

#1 Chicago Sun Times Show/Fans Edge
    #2 Chicago Cubs Convention
    #3 Chicago Blackhawks Convention

That is just for me. But whatever local convention or fests you have, go there.

SCF Rewards
    Country

minor league spring training 200+ cards a day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast