Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Indians great Bob Feller, 92, passes away

R.I.P. You were great to the community, We all loved you, The world has suffered a great loss.

http://morningjournal.com/articles/2...6569666981.txt
    Last edited by baseball123; 12-09-2010 at 02:30 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Robert William Andrew "Bob" Feller (born November 3, 1918 in Van Meter, Iowa), nicknamed the "Heater from Van Meter", "Bullet Bob" and "Rapid Robert", is an American former Major League Baseball pitcher. He was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1962, and is currently the longest tenured living Hall of Famer.

SCF Rewards
    Country

:(

SCF Rewards
    Country

They retracted the story. Mr. Feller has not passed away. He was however transferred to hospice so things aren't looking good. Lets just all have him in our thoughts.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am so ™™™™™™ off at Ohio news!

""An Ohio paper prematurely ran a story stating Bob Feller passed away. Other sources picked up The Morning Journal 's story sending buzz throughout Twitter and other sites on the internet. The Morning Journal has since corrected the story.""
    Last edited by baseball123; 12-09-2010 at 11:24 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah, I've been following Mr. Feller's condition since he went into the hospital for pneumonia and was shocked to wake up and find news reports of his passing and his transferring to hospice. It took me about 15min to actually untangle the web and find the one Morning Journal story goofed and made the entire mess.

Again though, Mr.Feller is not in the best of shape and we should all have him in our thoughts. One of the best pitchers to ever take the mound and one of the most fan friendly. So many players with less than 1% of his accomplishments shun the fans in general and especially concerning ttm. Mr. Feller has always been there for all of us and meeting him was truly a treat.

SCF Rewards
    Country

He is a great contributer to this hobby. Hope him & his family get the care they need while in hospice.

& on a side note, that ohio newspaper should be ashamed.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I've been lucky enough to meet Mr Feller several times and he has always been the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet. Our thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I was wondering what was going on last night, MLB.com didn't have anything a whole hour after that other site reported it..

SCF Rewards
    Country

It's like Pat Burns. A Canadian station reported his death months before and Pat himself phoned them to confirm he's still alive. Sadly he passed on after that. RIP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast