Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Boston Beat Writer: "Canadiens are a despicable and dirty little hockey team"

I've heard of sour grapes (and, being Canadian, I get to hear a sour Grapes every Saturday) before, but this guy takes it to a whole new level...

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/h..._fight_to_habs

The Canadiens are a despicable and dirty little hockey team that loves to dish out nasty cheap shots, often from behind, often after the whistle — and shows not the slightest willingness to back up the stick-work by dropping the gloves.
    The BruinsDavid Krejci, of all people, had more than he could stand, and started punching.
    In his first NHL fight, Krejci took on Canadiens sniper Mike Cammalleri last night and handled himself quite well.

“That’s all they do, these little things, for the ref it’s hard to see,” said Krejci after the Habs’ 4-3 win. “These little guys, they just play like that — little elbows and everything, and it’s hard for the ref to see. I just didn’t like the way they do it, and I didn’t like when they do it on me, so that’s what happened.”

He must have really hated seeing the final score!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I find that article a little ironic because after Subban very cleanly destroyed Marchand he turned down the Bruin who wanted to fight him, which doesn't seem despicable at all to me. And honestly is there really a point to fight after a clean hard hit? No. It's more "despicable" to go after a guy because he hit your team-mate too hard. Funny how a persons perspective can be changed when something involving there team happens. (It happens to me all the time)

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (13)
    Country

I find that article a little ironic because after Subban very cleanly destroyed Marchand he turned down the Bruin who wanted to fight him, which doesn't seem despicable at all to me. And honestly is there really a point to fight after a clean hard hit? No. It's more "despicable" to go after a guy because he hit your team-mate too hard. Funny how a persons perspective can be changed when something involving there team happens. (It happens to me all the time)

Yes there is a point to fighting after a major clean hit. Sends a message that you don't want guys taking runs at your players. To say having the back of a teammate is "despicable" is stupid lol, lets see you take that shot from Subban, bet you'd want someone to go after him.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes there is a point to fighting after a major clean hit. Sends a message that you don't want guys taking runs at your players. To say having the back of a teammate is "despicable" is stupid lol, lets see you take that shot from Subban, bet you'd want someone to go after him.

I guess I'm in the minority of people who thinks fighting doesn't belong in hockey, I understand when a player goes head hunting.But it just slows the game down. To me having the back of your teammate isn't jumping the guy who hit him too hard for your liking is stupid. I don't see anything wrong with Subban pushing him away, it keeps the game going and you stay out of the box. I wouldn't call it taking a run either, Marchand put his head down for a split second so Subban went and hit him, sure he didn't need to hit him as hard as he did but no need to force the guy to fight afterwords. Just my opinion towards the matter.