Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ntgiants612's Items on eBay

Jackie Robinson was definitely the guy I pictured when I saw the title of this thread.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think Armstrong is, if Jackie didnt break the color barrier, someone else would have. I mean serisoly do u think if Jackie didnt play baseball, there would be no African-Americans playing the game today. If it wasnt Jackie Robinson, then it would have been someone else getting all the credit for this thread. Im prolly gonna get ripped for this but its just my opinion.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ntgiants612's Items on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by nman0808
    I think Armstrong is, if Jackie didnt break the color barrier, someone else would have. I mean serisoly do u think if Jackie didnt play baseball, there would be no African-Americans playing the game today. If it wasnt Jackie Robinson, then it would have been someone else getting all the credit for this thread. Im prolly gonna get ripped for this but its just my opinion.

The fact of the matter is Jackie DID break the color barrier. Armstrong has certainly heightened the awareness of cycling but it is still not a mainstream sport at least here in America. In Europe, it has always been big well before Lance's arrival.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See scsipro's Items on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by nman0808

My point is that Jackie Robinson's situation affected much more in the US than just being the first African-American player in modern era baseball.

See N/A's Items on eBay

Most Important = Jackie Robinson.....hands down.

Most gifted = Jim Thorpe....again, hands down

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See just-for-cards's Items on eBay

I have to throw Babe Ruth in the mix.
    Baseball was reeling from the Black Sox scandel and he not only saved the game, but changed it as soon as he started playing for the Yankees.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Gonna go old school on ya here. Two men Red Grange and Jim Thorpe. They are two players who kept the NFL afloat in the early 1900's. They brought fans to the gates and without them who knows the NFL as we know it might have went under.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is Too hard of a question for me to narrow down to one person.
    It depends on which sports you think are the most important.
    Jackie did great things for baseball, and civil rights. Ruth helped baseball greatly too.
    Larry and Magic single handedly (is that a word??) saved the NBA.
    Armstrong is just a miracle!!
    M.J. carried the torch from Bird/Magic!! (and gave us all the show of our lifetimes)

I can't pick just one person.

SCF Rewards

Well, I guess it matters what you are talking about? Of all time? That is a tough one. I think Jordan in basketball is one of the greatest, not to mention Tiger in golf. But the best? There is not one people!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See golfmanccl's Items on eBay

no one would say the great one, wayne g, without him no one would have watched hockey

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast