Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

See godzookies's Items on eBay

Lance was juiced. No doubt about it! To much smoke not to be a fire.

Country
    See floyd8517's Items on eBay

the set back for saying lance is the simple fact that it is very likely he is on steroids

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by peterhaskett
    My pick is Joe Louis. He changed all sports! I think Lance is a joke! Sure he came back from cancer, but his spot sucks! Havent rode a bike since I was 7! And I love how the public embraces him, even though every one knows he was on roids, and Barry Bonds is the devil?!? Thats funny to me~!

why stop at lance and barry,well your throwing out accusations what about clemens, petite, mcgwire, tejada, hell throw in nolan ryan, the mick, cal ripken, the whole hall of fame, everyone who holds any type of sports record heck anyone who has ever played a sport, as well as those who keep track of said records. and the viewers yeah they are on roids too, it must be true cuz i heard it somewhere

BANNED

Country

jackie wasnt the first black person to play pro baseball. in my book it was otto graham the greatest QB to ever play period. his stats speak for themselves:

career -10 years

wins - 114 losses - 20 ties - 4 winning % .851

career highlights

Career Total
    games 126
    ATT. 2626 COMPL 1464 % 55.8
    yards 23,584 TD's 174 INT 135
    RATING 86.6
    RUSHES 405 YARDS 882 AVE 2.2 TD's 44

played in 10 straight title games
    had four AAFC and three NFL championships. (7 championships in 10 tries says it all)

and the sad thing is that the majority of people dont even know who he is,

Country
    See floyd8517's Items on eBay

dang...i was thinking jackie robinson but after all of those stats...I changed my mind.

See godzookies's Items on eBay

Those Otto Graham stats are not very impressive. The winning is, but you can give the team he played on alot of that credit. I know the game was different, and passing wasnt a huge part yet, but TD to INT ratio was not good. Comp perc not good either. Sry, don't see how he was that great.

BANNED

Country

2 more great yet under rated atheletes, bill russell 11 nba championships and henri richard 10 nhl championships , after all its all about winning and these 2 were the best at it, sure they had fellow players to help but they were the constant on those runs. you can talk about individual achivements and all but in the end its who wins it all that counts

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See scsipro's Items on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by theonedru
    jackie wasnt the first black person to play pro baseball. in my book it was otto graham the greatest QB to ever play period. his stats speak for themselves:

career -10 years

wins - 114 losses - 20 ties - 4 winning % .851

career highlights

Career Total
    games 126
    ATT. 2626 COMPL 1464 % 55.8
    yards 23,584 TD's 174 INT 135
    RATING 86.6
    RUSHES 405 YARDS 882 AVE 2.2 TD's 44

played in 10 straight title games
    had four AAFC and three NFL championships. (7 championships in 10 tries says it all)

and the sad thing is that the majority of people dont even know who he is,

True. Jackie wasn't the first black to play pro baseball. But remember blacks were banned from pro baseball in the late 1800's thanks to (sarcasm) the "gentleman's agreement". But where his importance lies is his effect on the social landscape in America due to the breaking of the color barrier (which was established by the aforementioned "gentleman's agreement") in 1947. His success in baseball helped pave way for the Civil Rights movement of the 50's and 60's (which he was very active). This accomplishment perhaps made things a little easier (not that the struggle for civil rights was easy to begin with). To top it off, he was a damn good ball player and athlete.

This of course is my opinion. I believe that in making an arguement for a particular athelete, more than just stats should be considered. To me, off the field accomplishments should be valued as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country

2 more great yet under rated atheletes, bill russell 11 nba championships and henri richard 10 nhl championships , after all its all about winning and these 2 were the best at it, sure they had fellow players to help but they were the constant on those runs. you can talk about individual achivements and all but in the end its who wins it all that counts

Those arent considered becuase we are talking about the most important athlete, not the most accomplished athlete.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Muhammad Ali

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234