Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. This poll is closed
  • 0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ntgiants612's Items on eBay

Where does Tiger Woods rank all-time?

I was thinking about this earlier so I figured why not see what you guys think. Even though Tiger has a lot of years left on tour I think he has already surplanted himself as one of the greatest in sports, not just currently but all-time. Right up there with Jordan, Ruth, etc.

SCF Rewards
    See Garmart11's Items on eBay

I have never seen anything n my lifetime like what Tiger is doing now....except for maybe Federer. So for that I have to put him in the top 25. There have been far too many great athletes for me to say he's higher than that since his career isn't even over yet.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Princematrix21's Items on eBay

In terms of pure domination of his sports, he is definitely top 10 right now, and could improve to top 3 when it's all said and done. You've also gotta consider people like Michael Jordan, Babe Ruth, Muhammed Ali and so on, so it's hard to compare, especially when he's still in the middle of his career.

Country
    See floyd8517's Items on eBay

I think that tiger woods is one of the greatest competetors of all time but not an athlete. It is kind of like poker to where you need a great amount of skill but you dont come out exausted. I wouldnt include nfl kickers either.

SCF Rewards
    Country

obvisouly your not a big time golfer nfl. you have no idea what its like to play a serious competive round of golf.

SCF Rewards
    Country

sorry double post. I have corrected it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gasuga's Items on eBay

I put him at top 5. He is definately an athlete and definately has an amzing work ethic and domination of his sport.

Country

I would have considered him an athlete had he needed to race around the track without a golf cart and the first person to get a ball in all 18 whole wins. By the way if this is an atletic sport why do they use golf carts.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ntgiants612's Items on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by nflcardlover
    I would have considered him an athlete had he needed to race around the track without a golf cart and the first person to get a ball in all 18 whole wins. By the way if this is an atletic sport why do they use golf carts.

Professionals aren't allowed to use carts during tournaments. They have to walk the full 18 holes, 4 straight days. It does help to have a caddie lugging around your bag though. Golf is a mental grind though, especially at the PGA level. Every shot is magnified.

Country

Quote Originally Posted by Bonds_25
    Professionals aren't allowed to use carts during tournaments. They have to walk the full 18 holes, 4 straight days. It does help to have a caddie lugging around your bag though. Golf is a mental grind though, especially at the PGA level. Every shot is magnified.

thanks for that but i still dont think its not a sport and it would take something very impressive to change my mind. i do understand what you are saying about the mental grind but that is mental not physical which is why I still think the same about golf not being a sport.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast