Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

2010 RIGGS year end review

What a fantastic year 2010 was for me. I started hitting the TTM market hard in Feb of this past year. Before that, was mainly into Nascar & other forms of motorsports when it came to TTM. in 2008 & 2009 only sent to nascar drivers & only consintrated on Nascar drivers for IP.

That changed this year when i stumbled upon this site & found the fantastic database & saw all the great success threads. As an avid sports card collector growing up as a kid, I had boxes & boxes of base cards in my basement, still do.

As an autograph collector with Nascar, seemed like a Perfect fit to try my hand in other sports with TTM collecting. Sure glad i started..

Here is a Review of my successes & failures this past year.

NOTE::: RTS=return of card unsigned, or return of card unsigned with pricelist in this review. Counting AP as a return, although i dont like them, dont display them, they are a return..

Basketball

Out 28
    Returns 20
    RTS 4

Basketball was o.k. for me.. only 4 request got returned with nothing to show for. not to bad..

Hockey

Out 22
    Returns 18
    RTS 1

Hockey was great, Only one RTS with nothing to show from luc robitaille. Not bad!!

Motorsports

Out 36
    Returns 28
    RTS 2

Lot of great returns from Nascar this year.. 2 RTS, one came from Joe Gibbs & it clearly states on his web-site he's not signing but tried anyways. 2nd return was from Brad Keselowski & thats because of an out of date address. Got an up-dated address & got a return from him..

Baseball

Out 62
    Returns 29
    RTS 4

By far the worst sport for me to TTM for some reason. ALL of the RTS's are from guys that required fee's. 1 is a Fisk, Berra, ect... Out of the 62 sent, still have 33 out! Thats alot. Most are to HOFers like Boggs, Molitor, Carter, Lasorda, bout time to write some off i believe..

Football

Out 221
    Returns 114
    RTS 36

By far, the sports i concentrated the most on. Now i did have more RTS with football because i did send to a lot of HOFers that did not, or had no successes in the database. Found that most require fee's & some just dont want to be bothered..

Closeing stats

Total sent out 369
    Total Returns 209
    Total RTS 47
    Still out 113
    AutoPen Returns 4 ( Troy Aikman, Ronnie Lott, Tony Romo, Nolan Ryan )

I think my semi first year in the TTM hobby netted a lot of great successes for my collection & will surely go after the HOFers that require the fee's in 2011.

In closeing.. In 2011, Might see me NOT taking the "shot in the dark" send outs as much, although very rewarding, to many shot in the darks came back duds. But, its been an awesome year, Dont recall ever being this excited to get home & see whats in the mail box since i was prolly 4 years old.

Good luck to everyone in 2011
    Last edited by Riggs; 01-01-2011 at 12:53 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow very nice rate for returns.

These were my stats for the year:

Sent out: 150
    Successful Returns: 52
    Failures: 5
    Still Out: 93

Did get quite a few Hall of Famers however with pretty good success rates: 16/25 baseball and 4/6 football

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I have some some wonderful returns from you and those shots in the dark sometimes net some great sigs. Congrats on a great year and best of luck in 2011.
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks all, glad to see some other numbers just like mine..

I have some some wonderful returns from you and those shots in the dark sometimes net some great sigs. Congrats on a great year and best of luck in 2011.

you are 100% correct my friend. A few shot in that dark signers this year for me were Derrick Brooks, Jim Otto, Dale inman just to name a few.. those are some of my favorites also. the ones you send not expecting much & BAM, they return!!!

on a side note, In the brief time since i started this thread this morning, already have an untested address im going to take a shot in the dark with on monday lol

Dont think i'll ever learn.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
    Twitter: @@djauwerda See djauwerda's Items on eBay Instagram:

Out: 158
    Returned: 76
    RTS/Denied: 4
    Lost/Destroyed:2

Pretty happy with my returns... right around 50%. We'll see what 2011 brings.