Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

reusing stamps is illegal, why is it so ridiculous?

SCF Rewards
    Country

i never said it was ridiculous, but i find it hard to believe that its ILLEGAL
    all im asking for is a reference, and not just one from your local mailman

SCF Rewards
    Country

ah, yeah i dunno. I agree I don't think the cops will take you away. However I have heard of the US Postal service threatening to sue people over policy violations, so I guess the line blurs between policy and law since they are a government entity.

The lawsuit involved someone trying to send mail by putting their own address as the target address and the person he was sending it to as the return address, and putting it in the mail without a stamp and hoping it got there.

SCF Rewards
    Country

ah, yeah i dunno. I agree I don't think the cops will take you away. However I have heard of the US Postal service threatening to sue people over policy violations, so I guess the line blurs between policy and law since they are a government entity.

The lawsuit involved someone trying to send mail by putting their own address as the target address and the person he was sending it to as the return address, and putting it in the mail without a stamp and hoping it got there.

haha thats pretty funny...goes in line with something ive been wondering myself:
    say i get a card/ttm whatever in the mail via a trade and the stamp is not canceled out...i open it, take my card out, the put the other card in...reseal it, then mark RTS...would that work?
    sorry if im hijacking the thread

SCF Rewards
    Country

im confused, you mean doubling up autograph requests? Like getting your cards back, marking them RTS with new cards, and resending them?

SCF Rewards
    Country

sorry, i guess ill elaborate
    say you and i have a trade agreement, and you have to send first (or i get your end in the mail before ive actually sent my end out)
    i get your package in the mail with an uncanceled stamp, i open your package and take out my end of the deal. i then place your end into said package, reseal, and mark "RTS" on it. would that make it back to you? or not?

SCF Rewards
    Country

i think it would, but you have to make it appear as if you never opened it I think.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just wanted to see what you folks do with the stamps on your SASE when you get cards RTS to you? Do you remove them from the envelope? if so how, without ripping it to shreds? Toss them out & dont re-use them?

I dont have a lot of RTS, un-used stamps but the ones i do re-use, i usually just cut along the stamp & super glue them to a different envelope.

Just wanted to see what others might be doing.

also, with my re-used stamps, i always try to use them for sure thing TTM's. I Use most of them for Peyton, petty, Bednarik think one might have went to Dumars also..

Occasionally I'll get a return and the stamp was unused. I normally cut it and then glue it to a new envelope. I've never had a problem doing that until last month. I received my envelope back with a cirlce around the glued stamp with a note saying it was a improper stamp or something.

I dont see how the PO can do much to you in that case. Who's to say I didn't put a new stamp on an envelop and mess up the address, so I decided to cut it out and try again with a new one.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not sure if this would apply to the case but I've seen this poster before. I think point #2 would apply to this case.

http://www.usps.com/cpim/ftp/posters/pos5.pdf

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not sure if this would apply to the case but I've seen this poster before. I think point #2 would apply to this case.

http://www.usps.com/cpim/ftp/posters/pos5.pdf

wow, so it is against the law...seems a little drastic to me, but i guess i can understand...i mean, you are "stealing", what is it down there, .44 cents from the government lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast