Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jyosi3's Items on eBay

JYosi's in-person experiences

I figured this will be better than a new thread every time me or my brother heads out for some graphing.

Today in Charlotte my brother did the Bulls at their hotel and got everyone on the team except Noah who didn't make the trip and James Johnson who for some reason didn't sign any of the 3 times he saw him.

Now for the real story.
    As he was walking away from the hotel he saw a very tall person who he thought may have been Loul Deng walking towards him. As he got closer he tried to make out the person's face, but he had a hat on and was holding paper near his mouth. As he got closer he heard the man talking and instantly recognized his voice as that of MICHAEL JORDAN. So here's my brother 1 on 1 with the GOAT on a Charlotte sidewalk and luckily he had a blank basketball left over. He asked Jordan to sign and got denied. 1 on 1 on a sidewalk walking with him, Jordan told him he didn't have time and kept saying it was too cold. It doesn't surprise me because a few people I know have said they've seen MJ at restaurants and such and he has always denied their requests. Amazing to see Jordan walking around downtown, but I can't think of a tougher denial to swallow.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aspoe093's Items on eBay

Man, that would be one of the greatest successes of all time if it happened.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Man, that would be one of the greatest successes of all time if it happened.

Yeah, that would have been awesome for him. I've gotten MJ before and it was just an awesome thing. The only bad thing is it really makes any autograph you get after it seem to not really matter. Getting MJ actually caused me to stop collecting for 4 years.

SCF Rewards
    Country

How did you get him and your brother fail, if he rejects everyone as you said. That is an awesome story and a little crappy on MJ's part. He's my all-time fave but he might lose stock there because to me to truly be an all-time great class act you have to be good to your fans.

Did you get MJ at a charity golf thing?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah, I got Jordan at Mario Lemieux's golf tournament the last year it was open to the public. What I meant was that everyone I know who has ever run into him randomly has been denied.

SCF Rewards
    Country

gotcha- that's obviously the greatest success you're ever going to have probably, but that doesn't mean there's nothing to get in this hobby.

SCF Rewards
    Country

here's something I always wondered. I am not in this post criticizing your brother's technique I am more playing devil's advocate.

We know that some guys are less likely to sign for guys who give off the vibe of experienced collectors or "dealers." Do you think the fact that your brother had a ball and a sharpie on him gave this appearance? Do you think that if he walked up with just an index card and a pen (spur of the moment appearing) that he would have had better luck? It would look like it was a spur of the moment meeting in that case.

Either way I don't think he was getting MJ's auto, but I am just wondering if you guys agree that you have to minimize your "dealer" appearance when getting autos.

SCF Rewards
    Country

here's something I always wondered. I am not in this post criticizing your brother's technique I am more playing devil's advocate.

We know that some guys are less likely to sign for guys who give off the vibe of experienced collectors or "dealers." Do you think the fact that your brother had a ball and a sharpie on him gave this appearance? Do you think that if he walked up with just an index card and a pen (spur of the moment appearing) that he would have had better luck? It would look like it was a spur of the moment meeting in that case.

Either way I don't think he was getting MJ's auto, but I am just wondering if you guys agree that you have to minimize your "dealer" appearance when getting autos.

I don't think MJ was going to sign anything that day. I would say a scrap of paper does give you a better shot sometimes, but how are you going to sell a scrap of paper?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I wouldn't sell an M.J. auto I don't think, but if I did I'm sure you can frame it up with a picture or an SI cover or something. I have a few tickets and index cards framed up this way.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Mik3yFr3sh's Items on eBay

i would of criiiiiiiiiied! im being serious.
    n i woulda tried to get a pic w him

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast