Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Craigslist

SCF Rewards
    Country

Craigslist

Does anyone else surf Craigslist under collectibles and notice that there are sellers selling sportscards for ridiculous amounts of Money:

Example:
    (100)-1990 donruss cards(all commons) in a binder for $200

It would seeem to me that they should check around and see what there cards are actually selling for before posting on Craiglist. Dont get me wrong though, there are people out there who dont collect cards but want to buy there family memebr a gift and think they are getting a good deal.

Blog Entries
    Country

They sell them for that much because unknowledgeable people will buy them. It is a shame, but the truth. What you said at the end is exactly right and if somebody wants to get someone a gift they will look at the price but not as much price to value.

Blog Entries
    Country

I was looking around for some outrageously espensive stuff but this cracked me up before I could find anything: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/clt/2152950790.html

Blog Entries
    Country

Wow. A Cody Ross RC for only $20! http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/clt/2153474349.html

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah I see it a lot. I don't think any of those listings sell

ever.

Blog Entries
    Country

I once sold a box of 2008 UD First Edition Update Baseball on Craigslist. But I only sold it for $25, not something extremely outrageous.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The public perception of cards is way way waaaaay off. One night I was watching a show like cops and they were going through the closet of the supposed drug dealer. They came across some cards and all of them were like, yeah see, expensive rare baseball cards. They were 1991 upper deck.

It is a rip off to charge more than they are worth on craigslist but I think if someone sells them for full high book price then more power to them. Only those looking to buy gifts are gonna buy those. Its better to sell things at a good, fair, solid price, just works better all the way around.

Blog Entries
    Country

The public perception of cards is way way waaaaay off. One night I was watching a show like cops and they were going through the closet of the supposed drug dealer. They came across some cards and all of them were like, yeah see, expensive rare baseball cards. They were 1991 upper deck.

It is a rip off to charge more than they are worth on craigslist but I think if someone sells them for full high book price then more power to them. Only those looking to buy gifts are gonna buy those. Its better to sell things at a good, fair, solid price, just works better all the way around.

Agreed. My dad was saying how he had some old cards that got given away to him at some super bowl and that only a hundred people got them...thinks they're valuable...too bad.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You know, I have a dollar bill signed by Jerry Rice, maybe I should put it on craigslist for a grand... LOL

SCF Rewards
    Country

This listing has been up for about a year. The poor guy keeps relisting it.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/clt/2147180245.html

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast