Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

Should Social Security be taken from the wealthy?

I was checking out the latest BS poll and noticed that 63% of people think the wealthy should lose their social security.

This drives me absolutely crazy!

I'm really sick of lazy Americans that do NOT decide to save for their retirement feeling entitled to other people's money. People say, "well, the rich don't need social security. Let's take it from them and give it to people that need it."

Ok, let's live our life like this.

When you go out and eat and order a meal you MUST give half of it to the homeless man out side. When you order lunch you will only be given half your meal and the other half will be given to someone else because the portion is twice what you need. If you are over wight then 75% of your meal will go to the homeless man outside. Because you are over weight and have obviously had a lot of meals you don't need you get to lose more.

Same with gas. When you drive your gas guzzling SUV to the gas station, half your gas will be take and sent over to someone else that needs it. You are using too much of a car and don't deserve the gas you are paying for.

I could go on and on.

Seriously, America will not last as long as their are so many people that do not want to work for things. Over half of America is being supported by the other half through taxes and now they are suppose to support their retirement as well?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

I wish they would get rid of SS all together and let us fund our own retirement.... If you choose not to save you are also choosing to never retire

SCF Rewards
    Country

"I don`t think a fella should be able to sit on his backside and receive welfare. I`d like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living. " John Wayne

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See intimadator2007's Items on eBay

Since the wealthy has paid into their SS it is there's , If someone wants to take it from them they should be Arrested ..Enough of the stealing in this country ..

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

They already take SS from people who pay into it and give it to people who do not, why change?

Here in WV, if a child gets put on an IEP (Individual Education Plan) then he/she is classified as mentaly disadvantaged and the parents receive an aide check from SSI for them. Often parents ask for their child to be put on an IEP just for that reason. They are milking the system dry and the government facilitates it with stupid policies.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

I wish they would get rid of SS all together and let us fund our own retirement.... If you choose not to save you are also choosing to never retire

Amen...

Since the wealthy has paid into their SS it is there's , If someone wants to take it from them they should be Arrested ..Enough of the stealing in this country ..

...and amen.

Despicable to even suggest. If you achieve, you are punished and if you do not achieve, you are rewarded....why would anyone want to live in that society? It's incomprehensible.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

I've always thought about putting together a documentary of people surviving on an island and basing the work-load/entitlements on today's tax structure. Imagine 10 people living on an island with four people building the shelter, growing food, cooking, cleaning, etc and the other six laying around and enjoying the sun. Imagine how that would turn out? :)

I remember John Kerry and other left leaning Dems propsing legislation that would take social security benefits from the richest and give the benefits to people that never paid into it or simply "need it."

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

W tried to do that somewhat and we see how far that got. Same thing with HSA. That worked out pretty good for me and i heard they were trying to stop those as well. I'm with ya though.
    Last edited by sanfran22; 01-16-2011 at 09:50 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shortking98's Items on eBay

Seconded...well I think in this thread its more like fourthed by now but you get the point

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Despicable to even suggest. If you achieve, you are punished and if you do not achieve, you are rewarded....why would anyone want to live in that society? It's incomprehensible.

Spot on. If we're going to have a social security program that everyone pays into, then everyone should be able to take it. Otherwise, it's just another welfare program.