Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Prospects/Minor leaguers in ST

Im starting to think about Spring training for the first time. I had a quick question for those of you who have sent before.
    If I am writing to a prospect or a minor leaguer do i send to the same address as the Big League team?
    I know many teams have separate offices for the minor league facilities...
    Thanks in advance!

SCF Rewards
    Country

To anwser your question. yes most teams have seperate minor league facilities. But as long as you address the autograph request like this

players name
    c/o (minor league team name here)
    address of Major league team ST site

it will be fowarded to the minor league facility(most are on the same property as the big league club)

hope this helps

SCF Rewards
    Country

many of the players havent yet received assignments as to which minor league team they will start the season for. Is it ok to just make it out to the big league club?

SCF Rewards
    Country

That I have never tried, but its a great question. I would say if they were just signed and have not been assigned a team as long as you know they will be in springtraining with the minor league camp then im pretty sure if you write C/O the big league team they will foward it to the minor league player. if you want to be 100% sure you can always call the spring training site and ask them that question and where to direct there fanmail.

SCF Rewards
    Country

bump

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See don't have ebay's Items on eBay

I usually send to the top prospects/rookies/promising younger players during ST. have gotten Buster Posey, Adam Jones, Freddie Freeman, Kyle Drabek, Jeremy Hellickson, Chris Tillman, Brian Matusz, Elvis Andrus, Neftali Feliz, Dustin Ackley, Wade Davis, and maybe a couple of others. ST is great.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I usually send to the top prospects/rookies/promising younger players during ST. have gotten Buster Posey, Adam Jones, Freddie Freeman, Kyle Drabek, Jeremy Hellickson, Chris Tillman, Brian Matusz, Elvis Andrus, Neftali Feliz, Dustin Ackley, Wade Davis, and maybe a couple of others. ST is great.

do you just send to the big league team?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See don't have ebay's Items on eBay

Matusz, Andrus, Feliz, Davis, Jones, Posey, Tillman, Drabek. I all sent to them c/o Major league ST site. Hellickson, Freeman, Ackley i sent to c/o minor league team

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think i am going to send mostly to the prospects via their major league affiliates in ST. Do you guys think it is likely that the teams will forward them?

SCF Rewards
    Country

did a little research. here is what i found:
    http://randombaseballstuff.com/2010/...aph-tips-2010/
    this guy says that most of the time if you just write minor league camp on the address it will get there. I figure worst case scenario i never see the cards again. im only sending duplicates so i think it is worth the risk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast