Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

Contest Entry: My 2011 Predictions

The approaching months bring us some of the most exciting times in sports. The Super Bowl, World Series, and March Madness are personally my three favorite to watch.

In the NFL this year, I was hoping the Dolphins (my team) would have a breakout year and make it to the Super Bowl. I also predicted that the Cowboys would win it all. Needless to say, I shouldn’t play the lottery.

With two games left, before the Super Bowl, I am picking the Green Bay Packers to win it all! They have impressed me the most these past few weeks. From the AFC, I predict that the Jets will muster their way to the Super Bowl, but will provide no match for Green Bay’s powerful team.

College basketball is also heating up! Duke just lost for the first time, with many other upsets likely looming. Ohio State seems strong, but I see them falling apart later in conference play. The SEC hasn’t impressed my one bit so far this year; no team is the clear-cut favorite as of yet. The ACC is too weak, in my opinion, to produce another champion. San Diego State is in the Top 10, and I see them being that way for the rest of the year, possibly even making a case to be #1 in the country. One of my favorite parts of the March Madness is the mid-major schools making a run, which I expect San Diego State to do! Davidson and Butler really took me by surprise in past years. My favorite as of now is one of the teams from the Big East, most likely Syracuse or Pittsburgh. However, I wouldn’t sleep on Connecticut or Georgetown, either. I can also see a Big 10 or Big 12 squad making a run for it, but I don’t think that they can match up in all categories to the best Big East squads.

When winter comes to an end, baseball starts! I’m a big Mets fan, so it’s been a long past few years for us with all of the injuries and pitching woes. It’s not looking any better this year. We made some nice offseason moves, but I don’t think we’ll make the playoffs, as our moves don’t compare to what other teams in our division made. In the AL East, the Red Sox have had a monster offseason. I see them winning the division. The AL Central has been fairly quiet, but I see the Twins having the best season. In my opinion, any team is ready to make a run in the AL West. I’m going with the Seattle Mariners getting the division crown! I think the AL Wild Card will go to the (gasp!) Kansas City Royals. I’m not sure why I’m picking them, it’s just a gut feeling. Nobody expects the Royals to make it to even 3rd place, do they? (If I’m right with this pick, I need to play the Mega Millions…….)

In the NL East, I think the Phillies will run away with the division early. The Braves will try to make a run in September, but it won’t come close. I think the Phillies will also chase the record for most wins in a season. In the NL Central, the Reds shocked me last year, but I’m picking them to repeat this year. The NL West will be close the entire year, with the Padres pulling it out in the final week. I believe that the San Francisco Giants will win the NL Wild Card, sneaking ahead of the Braves.

As of now, I am envisioning a Boston Red Sox/Philadelphia Phillies World Series. I hope it isn’t true, as I hate them both, but the two teams have made some outstanding moves this offseason. I’ll take the Phillies in 6.

Midway through baseball season is the NBA championship! I was hoping for the Heat to have a perfect season and go all the way, but that didn’t happen. I’m still hoping that the Big 3 can bring Miami its second championship, though. They will likely have some trouble from Boston, but I’m hoping it is not a problem. I see them going to the Finals easily. The Western Conference, however, is much trickier. They have many outstanding teams and players, including the Spurs, Mavericks, Lakers, and Thunder, who are led by some of the best players in the league. I see the Mavericks pulling away in the second half of the season, and going to the finals, creating a rematch of the 2006 NBA Finals, which the Heat won in 6 games. I’m hoping for the same outcome, with Miami winning 4-2!

Some of my picks may seem a little out of the ordinary… But that’s the way sports go. A team can come out of nowhere to win it all!
    Last edited by andrewhoya; 01-21-2011 at 06:07 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hmm... The tab key doesn't seem to work on here. I'm not sure why my article is one big blob.

Fixed

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Thanks Andrew I will edit and post in a couple of days, I'm off to Montreal for most of the weekend for the Habs game!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Have fun!

Blog Entries
    Country

Good predictions, though I do disagree with your World Series picks, not because those two teams probably aren't the best two teams in baseball but because the best teams almost never win it. Take the Giants for example. I think we'll just have to wait till November.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good predictions, though I do disagree with your World Series picks, not because those two teams probably aren't the best two teams in baseball but because the best teams almost never win it. Take the Giants for example. I think we'll just have to wait till November.

IMO, the Giants WERE the best team in the NL, and I had them going to the WS!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See soouthpaw17's Items on eBay

me too I had Giants Twins in the WS, and picked Jets Pack since Week 1
    Don't ask to trade by book value. No one has traded by book value since ebay has existed.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Here is the posted version, thanks for the submission!

https://www.sportscardforum.com/artic...1-predictions/