Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Need help from all users please

I had a trade with another member where I was to send an autographed piece of 500 HR Club members and he was to send $200 and a Joe DiMaggio signed baseball. As per the rules of SCF, we both were supposed to send at the same time as we are both considered new traders. He sent the $200 as a payment on Paypal and I asked when he would send the ball and he replied he would try to get it out tomorrow (day after trade was confirmed). I sent my piece to him but I never received the ball. He never replied to PMs when I asked when/if he sent the Joe DiMaggio ball. He nows says he doesn't like the signatures and thinks they are printed and wants a refund. I asked why he never sent the ball and he said he was waiting until he got the piece I sent. He clearly lied to me saying he would try to send the ball the day after the trade when he had no intention of sending it. Also, I filed a trade dispute and he never responded to the admins so he was banned.

So my question to you is, should I and do I have the right to file a claim for internet fraud (as the SCF admin gave me the link to) or should I give him a refund when I never received the ball? Thanks for your help.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Offer him a full refund if he sends you the 500 HR Club piece back. If you happen to be content with the $200 you received for the item you mailed, leave it be, and move on.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gbnerd04's Items on eBay

wow thats tough. i had a similar situation i contacted the persons local police

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Los Angeles Dodgers Los Angeles Lakers Atlanta Falcons
    Twitter: @JesRey7 See jesrey7's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

ask him to ship back your item... or you can file the the claim for fraud since he never completed the deal.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the help everyone. I somewhat got it resolved. I'm giving him a refund back just so I don't have to mess with the hassle of filing a fraud claim.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Put it in dispute here on the site. Anyone that receives items from you and doesn't send what they owe you is in the wrong. Whats more, you have now given him a refund, did you get your items back? If not then you most likely got ripped off.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I put the trade into dispute and he never responded to the Dispute admin. Admin then banned him. I had to contact him through his email outside of this to see if he had any intention of sending the item he owed me. I could tell he was not going to give in and send me my item so I told him I'll give him a refund but he has to send my item back first and I won't send the refund until I get it. However, I am now thinking I might should just keep the $200 and let him keep the piece and be done with it.