Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Buying Autos on Ebay?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Buying Autos on Ebay?

I have a simple question for those of you doing the autograph hunting. If you do a search for jsa in ebay, it yields a ton of hits with raw cards autos on them. There seem to be a few sellers with large quantities of them. Some say they come with a letter of authenticity. Others state this
    "FULLY AUTHENTICATED BY JSA WITH A MASS AUTHENTICATION AUCTION HOUSE LETTER - PLEASE NOTE - COPY OF THE LETTER IS NOT AVAILABLE
    200% LIFETIME GUARANTEE OF AUTHENTICITY"

Anybody have any experience with the big sellers or ebay in general?

Blog Entries
    Country

I try to stay away from big sellers, because if you have a problem they really don't care too much about one little negative. I also try to stay away from autos on eBay in general, because as we all know most are actually fakes.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I try to stay away from big sellers, because if you have a problem they really don't care too much about one little negative. I also try to stay away from autos on eBay in general, because as we all know most are actually fakes.

I have bought 4 balls from an ebay seller with PSA authentication. They were great deals and the athletes had each done a signing with the place in the last year. I feel as good as possible about them- especially the Tony Gwynn ROMLB. It has no inscription but was part of a holiday sale on they had 2 christmases ago and the Gwynn sold out. If they were fake and selling that fast I doubt they'd stop.

For the most part though its all about homework, paperwork, and what you have faith in. For the most part though I avoid it at all cost.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I only buy packpulled autos on ebay, otherwise I don't trust anything but my SASEs and my left hand holding a sharpie up to an athlete when it comes to what I trust as the source of an auto.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I too only buy packpulled autos..but study up on the players
    auto and the seller's feedback

SCF Rewards
    Country

I too only buy packpulled autos..but study up on the players
    auto and the seller's feedback

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See travlncard's Items on eBay

I have a simple question for those of you doing the autograph hunting. If you do a search for jsa in ebay, it yields a ton of hits with raw cards autos on them. There seem to be a few sellers with large quantities of them. Some say they come with a letter of authenticity. Others state this

"FULLY AUTHENTICATED BY JSA WITH A MASS AUTHENTICATION AUCTION HOUSE LETTER - PLEASE NOTE - COPY OF THE LETTER IS NOT AVAILABLE
    200% LIFETIME GUARANTEE OF AUTHENTICITY"

Anybody have any experience with the big sellers or ebay in general?

I have saw that exact thing you speak of... and its clearly detered me from bidding. If they cant even give me a certificate, thats enough of a red flag for me to back out right there!

One thing ive learned over the years of collecting in this hobby, is never get attached to somethin that isnt yours! Meaning dont fall in love with an autograph that someone else has weather its super rare, great condition, etc... it doesnt matter. Everyone has there own way of selling stuff on ebay, well i have a my own way of buying, and if I cant even get a certificate with my purchase, from a reputable authentication service, they must not want my money to bad! and always remember, your money is a bargaining chip! If they want to sell somethin, you hold the upper hand with the cash in hand, not the guy with the autograph who wont budge on the price, and doesnt have a certificate to give you...

theres plenty of reputable dealers on ebay, whos track record speaks for itself. guys who will go the extra mile to make a sale and make sure your happy, and are willing to come back... dont waste your money dealing with shady dealers, its just not worth it!! In the end i want to know what ive built as a collection is not only amazing, but AUTHENTIC!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the replies. I sent an email to one of the larger ebay sellers. I want to hear there answer on some of my basic questions.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I only buy packpulled autos on ebay, otherwise I don't trust anything but my SASEs and my left hand holding a sharpie up to an athlete when it comes to what I trust as the source of an auto.

This.