02-06-2011, 11:13 PM #1
Does anyone use MWP software to keep track of their cards?
Does anyone use MWP software? Does it work well?
I was thinking of shelling out the $45 to get it.
I have a very large collection of U. Michigan guys (about 5,000 different cards), and I like to keep track of what I have and don’t have. I have used beckett.com but I find it too slow and not very user friendly. Also, I have a huge number of cards that I want to use for trade. I am tired of typing up lists!
Here’s what I want to do:
- I want create lists of all the cards by a particular player—search for the player, check all the cards at once, put that list into a folder/file.
- The list should have the following categories broken into different fields—year, brand (Topps, etc.), set (Finest, etc.), subset/insert/parallel (gold refractor, etc.), card #, first name, last name, team, college, rookie (y/n), serial #ed (y/n – to what), autograph (y/n), jersey (y/n), college uniform (y/n)
- I want the files/folders to be able to be exported into word, excel, access, etc.
- I want to set a list of the cards in an entire set, click what I have (#1, 82, 91, 93, etc.), and create a new file. This would be VERY handy to make trade lists or create lists of things I need to complete a set.
- LOWEST on my priority list is value of the cards. While I care about the price, I am mainly interested in keeping track of things.
All in all, I don’t want to type things, and I don’t want to wait for the internet. I am demanding, I know.
So what can MWP do and what CAN’T it do??? Is it worth the $45? What are the best and worst parts of MWP. I have a huge number cards that I wish to keep track of and beckett.com doesn’t cut it.
Thanks in advance,
Chris in Colorado
02-07-2011, 05:53 AM #2
If you haven't already, check out SCF's free Inventory Manager--it might come close to fitting the bill for you. There's a link to it on all of SCF's forum pages (2nd link from the left on the top orange navigation bar). Your card entries can be downloaded to you as a .csv file and then imported into a spreadsheet application. More info be found in the corresponding feedback and tutorials forums.
02-07-2011, 02:38 PM #3
Yes, this looks promising. BUT how do I select many cards at once--or better yet, all items on a page.
For example, if you want to create a personal inventory of all cards of Mark Fidrych. Do the search, and come up with 176 items. Great. Now I want to create a personal inventory of those cards so I can keep track of what I have and don't have. I want to print off that list or bring it to a file so I don't have to be online to do things. I don't want to click on 176 boxes to add each card, I want to check 1 box to add all.
thanks in advance,
02-08-2011, 04:58 AM #4
Inventory/Storefront Feedback forum. You might drum up support for your request there and perhaps Luc will make it happen eventually.
02-08-2011, 09:39 PM #5
someone had posted it earlier...curious to how it works. If you buy it, let us know how u like it.Hidden Content
Always looking for Wolves, Vikings, and Twins!