Question Getting glossy cards signed

Hello TTM community! I'm new to this hobby and I was wondering if there was any particular pen or any way I need to prepare the glossy card's I'm sending out.

Thanks!

Baby powder or a white stick eraser are going to be the answers here for the most part. I am partial to the eraser, it is quicker and makes less of a mess than baby powder. Takes 5-10 seconds to "scrub" the card and wipe off, works fantastic for me!
    Player PCs : Coby Fleener, Vladimir Konstantinov, Dellin Betances, and Jameson Taillon.
    Red Wings, Warriors, Colts, and Yankees fan

What exactly will this do to the cards?

As long as you stay on the card with the eraser it just removes the gloss. It can damage edges/corners if you aren't too careful with where you are rubbing it, but with decent pressure on the surface the gloss comes off, nothing else. It's what I do with all my glossy cards and they all turn out great!
    Player PCs : Coby Fleener, Vladimir Konstantinov, Dellin Betances, and Jameson Taillon.

Okay, thank you very much!

Why would happen if I didn't do that. (I sent a few glossy ones in the mail a few days ago)

The autograph may smear or kind so fade away on a glossy non prepped card.
    Collecting baseball living hall of fame autographs Robinson cano Derek Jeter Mike trout Jose Altuve Mike Zunino James Paxton tajuan walker Felix Hernandez Dustin Pedroia David Ortiz Mariners Red Sox Seahawks Packers Sonics

Do you eraser over the entire card, or just on the specific spot that they sign? Can they tell where you have erased, or is it easy to miss?

I get a vast majority of the card, mainly the middle area where they mostly sign. It isn't very obvious with a white eraser where you erased at all, but it leaves an area where the auto sticks much better to the card.

I have sent out about 200 ttms and I have sent 100's of glossy cards to be signed. I have noticed that the cards that I used baby powder for have turned out better than those I used an eraser for. Also the cards do not look any different after baby powder, but the erasers I have noticed can make the cards look dull.