Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What to get signed

So I am going to a Kenny Vargas and Danny Santana signing (2 Twins rookies) And was wondering what to get signed. A ball already signed by Dozier, Escobar, Arcia, Suzuki, Guerrier, and Duensing OR an All-Star game giveaway bat. Full sized, with all the logos of All Star games that have been in MN. Danny Santana was not in the ASG, but Kenny Vargas was in the Futures game. What do you guys think? Or should I get a picture signed?

I would get your team ball done over the bat... save the bat for the likes of Blyleven, Mauer, Oliva, Carew...guys with names that have been established in MN. If you can get pics printed I would bring them as well. Be as prepared as you can be- you might get them all signed.

Good luck!

I'd go with team ball also
    Collecting: Yordano Ventura, Salvador Perez, Billy Butler, Mike Moustakas, and especially Eric Hosmer.
    Girls can Collect Cards Too!
    Always looking for Autographs with Bible verse inscriptions
    Aspiring photographer that uses her own photos for ttm

~I personally do not like trying to do team baseballs! They are very hard to complete and should you try to keep up with all the members who have played with the team the baseball gets messy looking and signatures look squeezed in. Any single young guy you miss on the baseball may later become big and then be a key signature.

~I also would not use an All Star game bat on a player who was not in the All Star game. I would hang on to the rosters of both the AL and NL players from the game and try to get one of those players on it.

~I would select one of these items: photo, hat, baseball, custom card or just a team card.

There have been a few baseball card sets out over the years that have team logo cards or cards of a teams stadium. I used to always pick those up when I did a lot of baseball IP's. You never knew when a roster change would give you a shot at a player that you did not know would be with the team. I currently actually bring a few customs cards that have a baseball and say "legend of the game." It might sound silly, but it is a way to always have something in case you get that roving instructor or run into that former player that no one knew would be at the game!
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (126)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    I would go with your team ball. They are a pain to get finished, but if you have the chance to add 2 in one one whack to a ball that's already started you might as well do it. Just curious, are you going to the FanHQ signing or the signing at the Majestic store?
    Working on getting 2008 Allen and Ginter set signed. Currently sitting at 76 signed. Also collecting Twins signed Allen and Ginter cards from all years.

I would get Vargas on a ball by itself. The guy is a monster and I think of David Ortiz when I see him at the plate. I think he is worth a ball. Get Santana on the team ball
    Here is a some of my memorbilia collection.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I'll be at the Fan HQ signing and will be getting an 11x14 signed of each.
    -In Peru until February 1st. Will have very limited internet access.-

Quote Originally Posted by dscards View Post
    I'll be at the Fan HQ signing and will be getting an 11x14 signed of each.
    What picture did you use?

I think I might just use the bat. I don't have a signed bat and I think Vargas and Santana have great potential to be great players. Santana has a .315 average and Vargas a .285

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (126)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    I wouldn't get the ASG bat signed by them. Neither of them played in the ASG this year, and while Vargas did play in the Future's Game, there are Future's Game items to get signed instead of ASG items
    Working on getting 2008 Allen and Ginter set signed. Currently sitting at 76 signed. Also collecting Twins signed Allen and Ginter cards from all years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast