Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Larry Bird is a JERK!

Country

Larry Bird is a JERK!

I was at a Nets game and Larry bird was there b/c it was a pacers game. Keep in mind I'm a middle schooler. I ask him to sign my card and he says I don't sign balls to my brother and his friend and me. I had a card! He then sat down in the stands guarded by two security guards. He then walks back and we ask him to sign he ignores us puts his hand in front of his face.After that i was just going to give up every time he walked back and forth. I almost felt like he was taunting me. After this experience I will never be his fan again. Spread the news Bird is a Jerk!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Did the same thing to me at a Nets game.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nextspeed's Items on eBay

I've heard he only signs tickets at the game.

SCF Rewards
    Country

He was there to watch the game. Maybe he was having a bad day after 500th time being asked to sign. It happens, you can't win them all. Im sure he signed some that day.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gocubsgo5246's Items on eBay

^ This

SCF Rewards
    Country

and index cards i believe

give someone a chance before you call him a jerk

Country

i'm a middle schooler he was rude didn't ven make eye contact. He walked right past us. even before this i knew he was stubborn

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

he was nice when I went to the Pacers/Bulls game. He said hi to us,, didn't ignore us. maybe its because we didn't ask for an auto, but the man is definately not a jerk.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (109)
    Country
    See wrightman6986's Items on eBay

That's almost bad as David Cone sending back TTM and requesting $50 per card. Any player who doesn't do for the kids is a jerk IMO. I remember I met Hank Aaron at Arthur Ashe stadium during the Tennis U.S. Open and he declined me for an autograph as well. It's just not right.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gocubsgo5246's Items on eBay

It's not rude when someone denies any of us an autograph, especially when they are out somewhere enjoying another sport or maybe even eating dinner. Just because someone declines you an autograph doesn't make them a jerk or anything of that nature, maybe they are with their family or friends and don't want to be bothered. As far as not making eye contact, why would he when he doesn't even know you? If it was just some random guy that kept walking past and looking at you, I'd guess you would think that he was stalking or wondering what he was "staring" at. It's not anyones duty to give us autographs and the sooner people realize that the better off they will be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast