Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country

This topic got me interested in reading more current articles on Stan Musial.

Sadly, they all seem to be talking about or mention his declining health. I certainly give him all of my best wishes.

One of the major things that sets baseball apart from other professional sports is just how much it reveres its past. Stan Musial is a major part of that past and is perhaps the game's strongest link to an era that fades away with each passing year.

I'd suggest to anybody unfamiliar with Stan to really look into him. One of the greatest players and men to ever take the field. The fact that he is willing to respond to fan mail period is amazing but that he is well known to return his signed bio card and occasionally even sign our items is unbelievable. Ten years from now getting a HOFer ttm is going to be near impossible. The way the game has evolved with endorsements and such inductees with a resume less than 1/8th that of Musial will be doing strictly MAB signings for $60+ a pop. Its really sad.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See None's Items on eBay

I got mine yesterday. It looks really nice, as well as being different to the posted pictures. It's really great that Stan "The Man" responds to his fan mail. He seems like a genuinely nice person. Really happy with everyone's successes!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ten years from now getting a HOFer ttm is going to be near impossible. The way the game has evolved with endorsements and such inductees with a resume less than 1/8th that of Musial will be doing strictly MAB signings for $60+ a pop. Its really sad.

This is I think the worst part of our hobby. Moreover it could just be me, but it seems to me that baseball players are the worst offenders. While most current NBA guys aren't good TTMers, they are fantastic to their fans in person and I have to imagine that once they retire they might TTM. NFL guys like Peyton Manning have always been great. It just seems like the current crop of HOF hopefuls in baseball just refuse to sign, which makes us truly fortunate for guys like Doerr, Stan the Man, and even some of the new stars like Votto and Josh Hamilton (not saying they are future HOFers necessarily, but stars nontheless).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12