Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bill Ripken "F Face" Card

Hey, I saw some assorted successes from Billy Ripken on this site and SCN, so I decided to send to him. However, I sent the infamous "f face" card for him to sign. I wasn't sure whether or not he would sign it, but thought it would be an AWESOME addition to my collection if he did. I wrote the following in my letter:

"I know the card that I sent is somewhat controversial, but I would appreciate it if you could please sign it. If you don't want to sign it for whatever reason, I understand. Please send it back unsigned and I will know for the future to send you something more appropriate to sign. Thanks and god bless!"

I think approaching it this way I won't offend him and hopefully get a return. What do you guys think, will he sign it?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hello_kitty_2005's Items on eBay

I hope the best for you. Ironically, I just picked up the "black box" version of the same card over the weekend waiting to see successes pick up before sending....Best of luck. I liked your letter, very appropriate.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have the black box variation as well, but I elected to send the original!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hello_kitty_2005's Items on eBay

With lil' children, the longer I can keep them away from that word the better off we all are :)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I still can not believe that card made it through Fleer! I wish it never hit the market. I can see why you might want it signed, but a guy whose dad was a great manager and brother an all time great poor Billy has to be remembered for the FF card! I feel for the guy!
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think you have a good chance. According to this article, he signed some of those cards and handed them out to groomsmen at his wedding.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/28116692

SCF Rewards
    Country

sweet!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I didn't know what it meant--so I Googled it. That's actually kinda funny!

Good luck, you definitely approached it the right way.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I didn't know what it meant--so I Googled it. That's actually kinda funny!

I didn't know what it was either...

Very funny. I don't collect cards, but I want one.

Good Luck!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I didn't know what it was either...

Very funny. I don't collect cards, but I want one.

Good Luck!

I definitely want one of these also. I really look forward to hearing how you make out cyberer because this is one of those things that I would love to try.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast