Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Beckett Sports Card Monthly

anyone see the new issue yet? It is called "the autograph issue" and is quite an interesting read, even have a small section on ttm, thought you would all enjoy

SCF Rewards
    Country

oo ill have to check that out, does it have pricing for autos, or just articles? Either way that's cool.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes, I've seen it and read it. I wasn't too impressed with it, especially consider that nearly every time they mention TTM autographs, they pointed out the only way to know its real for sure it so have it authenticated by BGS/JSA...

Good for beginners, but kind of a boring read for me.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I never but Becketts. They cost too much for the info they give and the prices are usually a joke as they are no where in the ballpark of what you would ever get out of your cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This got me thinking.. anyone remember the Tuff Stuff article about TTM about 2 years ago? Had 3 pages about TTMing. Had some great athletes addresses in there like Largent & Rodger Craig. It would be hard to make a connection but i remember sending to Largent because of that article later on & he RTS my request. Always wondered if publishing his address killed his desire to sign for awhile. I ended up getting him later but im sure he got bombed with request.

Anyone think that Beckett or Tuff stuff writing storys can sometimes hurt the TTM hobby?

SCF Rewards
    Country

This got me thinking.. anyone remember the Tuff Stuff article about TTM about 2 years ago? Had 3 pages about TTMing. Had some great athletes addresses in there like Largent & Rodger Craig. It would be hard to make a connection but i remember sending to Largent because of that article later on & he RTS my request. Always wondered if publishing his address killed his desire to sign for awhile. I ended up getting him later but im sure he got bombed with request.

Anyone think that Beckett or Tuff stuff writing storys can sometimes hurt the TTM hobby?

In my opinion, Beckett hasn't really done anything good for any hobby, but I'll save that for another day....

However, I always like Tuff Stuff, particularly for the TTM. In fact, it was Tuff Stuff that got me interested in through the mail autographs! They actually offered insight into the hobby and gave helpful information. While they probably did hurt some (perhaps with guys like Largent), I think they did help a good bit. One thing I liked was that they would either list a few addresses (guys like Tomczak, Lavelli, etc.) or give you a free website to use for addresses. Without those pointers, I wouldn't be anywhere near this form in all likelihood.