Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: index cards?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

index cards?

Does anyone still collect index card autographs? I never really see anyone post successes on them. I actually have a large collection and have framed a few with photos. They look great that way. There are also members who turn them into awesome cut autos. I was shocked to even see some single A baseball players now refuse to sign them and I just wondered, if this is a part of the autograph hobby that is going away or we just do not send them with the ease of getting cards now.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See roaddogg02316's Items on eBay

Does anyone still collect index card autographs? I never really see anyone post successes on them. I actually have a large collection and have framed a few with photos. They look great that way. There are also members who turn them into awesome cut autos. I was shocked to even see some single A baseball players now refuse to sign them and I just wondered, if this is a part of the autograph hobby that is going away or we just do not send them with the ease of getting cards now.

I do in person autographs and if you don't have anything in terms of cards then an index is the best thing available that you could get someone to sign. I might try to get some of those white decoy cards signed at some point as well.
    Reason some players may not want to sign is because someone could take the signature and try to open a credit card account or something with it. Basically use it as a way to steal their identity. I have never had anyone say no in the hockey world, but I know I had one guy sign one and then compared it to another collectors autograph in a yearbook. Very different, mine looked more like symbols than an autograph, other guys was a nice autograph.

I actually just did a tally of my index cards and I have 939 signed ones either from TTM or IP successes. I always send an index card when I do TTM. Provides some protection on the cards and they can sign if they want. Some do, some don't.
    Hope this helps your question, it better I feel I typed a book lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I love index cards, sadly I am almost out of signed IC. I have turned most of what I have into cuts. I always put at least one IC in with each request. I have noticed that I havent had an athlete return one signed in a long time. When I do get one back signed it is usually older players or actors. Most agents are advising their clients not to sign anything blank.

SCF Rewards
    Country

ALL of my historical autographs are gotten on index cards. I think it is the best medium for that type of signature. I also have a Hall of Fame Index Card/Cut collection as they are sooo much cheaper than other items!

SCF Rewards
    Country

i have been looking to buy some to make some customs cuts but no body will sell them for a good price and not many players sign them anymore

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have Joe Morgan, Yogi Berra, Doug Harvey, Lee MacPhail, and Bobby Doerr on IC. Walmart once sold decent frames that hold 4 3x5 items so I picked one of those up. I have Morgan, Doerr, MacPhail, and Harvey in it and have it hanging on my wall. Looks great. I am hoping to get the Berra framed with an 8x10.

In general though photos, postcards, and base cards are so available that I have pretty much abandoned IC. In fact it was IC that led me to HOF PC and I haven't looked back since.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Depends. I'll usually try to get a HOF'er on one if I'm sending a custom too--though it's not a big deal at all if I don't. I have some that I intend to turn into cuts too. I have my Yogi Berra signed cut and matted into a big frame, just need to print the 8x10..

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See masonraymond0320's Items on eBay

I use index cards, and they work well. I actually like them better than cards, because on cards, theres not exactly a lot of room for the athlete to personalize, and sometimes there will be dark spots on the card, and if the athlete signs in black or blue, it can be a problem. For plain (or lined) index cards (I use lined) the athlete has a ton of room for personalizations, plus they can use almost any colour sharpie that they have in handy. I just think index cards are way cooler than cards for ttms. just my opinion.