Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Talking New writing contest! $100 towards a box of cards to win!

Once again, we have decided to encourage our members to get writing by launching a writing contest. Up for grabs is $100 towards a box of cards on www.cardsbythebox.com.

Here are the topics you can chose from for this edition of the contest:

- If I was Queen or King of SCF I would ________ - Here's your chance to tell us how to improve the site, let us know how SCF could be even better than what it currently is.

- This moment changed the way I see sports or sports card collecting – Did something ever happen to change your outlook on sports or sports card collecting? Was it a wonderful game you watched or played? Perhaps a free card was sent to you and it changed the way you think about the hobby?

- NHL: Is the violence out of hand? You've all seen it, the hit on Max Pacioretty by Zdeno Chara sure gave sports writers something to talk about. Where do you stand on that incident? What about other violent hits in the NHL? Is it too violent? Let us know what you think!

- MLB: Who's year is it anyway? So baseball experts, who will take the pennant this year? Why? And why won't it be the Yankees or the Giants?

- NFL: Will they, Won't they? Play that is...Or will the owners put the key in the doors? Come on you know your stuff explain to us non football addicts what the issues are in Roger Goodell's league. Who's side are you on? Tell us if you think there will be a season and if you think there won't be, tell us if you think this will lead to an improvement of the sport or not...

- NBA: The Upper Deck blog recently asked what's wrong with the Heat? I'd like to know too. On paper they have all the right players so what's going on? Will they straighten the ship when it really matters?

- WWE: Yes, we all know it's not real and yet, many of us like it (even if some will not admit it). Tell us about the best match/event in the history of Wrestling in your opinion. Do you remember when Macho Man and Elizabeth said yes? When Bret Hart got done in Montreal? Were you ever part of the Hulkamania?

- Cards: Bring back..................! Was there a set you really liked that is no longer produced and you'd like to see back? Why is that? Which set is it? Would there be any way to make it even better next time around?

- Racing: The best race track is........ What's the best track out there for you? Why? What's the most memorable race on there? Have you ever been there live for a race? Tell us all about it!

Each article will receive 250 CC (as long as it is well written and spelt checked)

The winning article will be chosen by the editor in chief, the following criteria will be observed when choosing a winner:
    the quality of the English
    the originality
    the visual support (pictures, graphics, etc…)
    the coherence of the author

RULES
    1. Simply write any articles about the ten topics mentioned above

2. Your article must have a minimum of 700 words

3. Grand prize winner will receive $100 toward a box on Cardsbythebox.com.

4. All qualified entries will receive 250 CC for their work (unless the article is poorly written and obviously not spell checked)

5. All submissions must be spell checked and posted as a new thread in the article submission forum: https://www.sportscardforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=446 . In the thread title include your article title and the words CONTEST ENTRY.
    Example: The Future of the Hobby – CONTEST ENTRY

6. The deadline to submit your article is on the 31st May 2011 at 5.00 PM EST.

7. Open to ALL members to include SCF Staff (except for the Editor-in-Chief and the site owner who can submit articles but not win the prize)

8. You can write as many articles as you wish!

ELIGIBILITY AND ARTICLE REQUIREMENTS

1. You must be a member in good standing to enter (No unexpired infractions worth 5 points or more)

2. The article must be your own original work - using something written by someone else will result in disqualification

3. The article you use must be brand new - you cannot use an article which you previously submitted for the articles site

4. Add pictures to your article - it helps getting your message across

FURTHER DETAILS

1. Each article will be edited and posted on the SCF articles website. They will become SCF’s property.

2. The best articles received will be featured in the upcoming edition of Collectors’ Corner, SCF online magazine.

3. The best article will be chosen by the Editor-in-Chief

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here or drop me a PM! I look forward to reading your submissions and best of luck everyone!

Entries:

1. The Heat is On - Dunkindurant35
    2. An Open Letter to the NHL - RGM81
    3. This Event Changed the Way I See Card Collecting - sweetg1
    4. My NASCAR - tradinpaint
    5. Enough Is Enough. The NHL Needs to Clean Itself Up- 30ranfordfan
    6. The NHL Must Ban All Headshots -RGM81
    7. NHL: Is the Violence Out of Hand? - THETorontoraptor
    8. It's About the Memories, Not the Money - Paintball
    9. I'm King and You're Not! - RiceBondsMntna2Rice
    10. If I Were King of Sports Card Forum - Spoodini
    11. Will They or Won't They? - Chargerfan46
    12. Wake Up the Echoes!!! -TrueIrishFan616
    13. This Moment Changed the Way I See Card Collecting - redskinfanva
    14. A Big Business- Pheebs888 (not eligible to win)
    15. The PC That Changed Me - RiceBonds2Mntna2Rice
    16. The Dilemma that Is Chael Sonnen - Monticello Cards
    17. My First Baseball Game - RedsFanatic21
    18. uncle Jim - Greenevansj
    19. Professional Wrestlers - Independent Contractors? - Monticello Cards
    20. Through the Eyes of my Twelve Year Old Self - jbudny
    21. The New Way to Trade - Requiemx
    22. Breaking Ground - Samuwry7
    Last edited by Pheebs888; 05-31-2011 at 09:44 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

back to high school again...i'm working on it

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Chargerfan's Items on eBay

Sweet! I'll be starting mine soon.
    MASTER LIST OF ALL MY CARDS FOR TRADE
    Hidden Content

Looking for San Diego Chargers cards & Autos of USC players in their USC uniform. *See my page for other wants.*

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

- NBA: The Upper Deck blog recently asked what's wrong with the Heat? I'd like to know too. On paper they have all the right players so what's going on? Will they straighten the ship when it really matters?

Ooh, I took on this one!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (18)
    Country
    Green Bay Packers Indiana Pacers Milwaukee Brewers
    See SeymourSportscards's Items on eBay

I like this idea. This shall be something I'll pursue. Deadline or submission limit?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

I like this idea. This shall be something I'll pursue. Deadline or submission limit?

6. The deadline to submit your article is on the 30th April 2011 at 5.00 PM EST.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Will edit and post the first few entries tonight after work.

The deadline is on 30th April as Scott pointed out and the submission link is in number 5 of the rules...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jloganofan's Items on eBay

i posted mine waiting for cc

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

CC is sent once entry is read, edited and posted.

In the meantime, here is the first entry: https://www.sportscardforum.com/artic...he-heat-is-on/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

And a second one: An Open Letter to the NHL

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast