Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

argument in success thread!

Are you people dumb, blind, ignorant, mentaly ill, or just plain stupid?

I stated that I sent a card to Vlad one single card (the same thing I've done the last 3 STs' and never got a thing back), long before I knew he would be signing. When I saw someone get a ball signed, I sent a ball; LONG before I got the card signed. I happened to get the card back early this week, and on Friday I got the ball. I've been a Vlad fan since his MiLB days with harrisburg as I lived near their park. I don't sell, I didn't send multiples. I sent 1 card, and 1 ball. Go cry to the folks who are getting multiples each time.

I specificly mentioned how happy I was that i am going to send him a thank you letter, something I often do when I get something really great. I doubt you do that. If you want to bi*ch go right ahead, except direct it to those who sent him 20 requests with 3+ per envelope as soon as they saw he started signing. Cry to the ones who are immediatly listing their success for sale. Cry to the folks who are legitimately abusing him. I sent 2 items, one each time. Since he seems to be signing 2 per person, I technicaly only sent him 1 package. If you pay attention to this thread you would see I got the card back recently. Common sense dictates that it's impossible to send him a ball and get it back that fast. Maybe you should take a month off from TTM. Use the money you saved for some etiquette classes.

You should think before you speak. I have been in this hobby for 2 decades and I treat it with respect. I never sell, never abuse good signers, and I actualy take the time and pay the expense to send a thank you letter when I appreciate a players generosity.

I'll be waiting for the apology letter you OWE me!!!

***Cyberer what really makes me laugh is your own success thread. You send multiples to everyone. Funny you think I abuse someone when i send 1 single item; yet you are sending 3+. Practice what you preach rookie.
    Last edited by ChrisR; 03-19-2011 at 10:00 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Don't think I'm dumb, mentally ill ignorant or whatever else you said, although you should check your posts before you call someone dumb and stupid in the same sentence, it might make it look like you don't know those words are synonyms.

Sending multiples in the same envelope is VERY VERY VERY different than sending multiple requests, but if you truly sent your ball before you got your card back signed, then you did nothing wrong by my book and I simply misread which I will apologize for.

Are you people dumb, blind, ignorant, mentaly ill, or just plain stupid?

I stated that I sent a card to Vlad one single card (the same thing I've done the last 3 STs' and never got a thing back), long before I knew he would be signing. When I saw someone get a ball signed, I sent a ball; LONG before I got the card signed. I happened to get the card back early this week, and on Friday I got the ball. I've been a Vlad fan since his MiLB days with harrisburg as I lived near their park. I don't sell, I didn't send multiples. I sent 1 card, and 1 ball. Go cry to the folks who are getting multiples each time.

I specificly mentioned how happy I was that i am going to send him a thank you letter, something I often do when I get something really great. I doubt you do that. If you want to bi*ch go right ahead, except direct it to those who sent him 20 requests with 3+ per envelope as soon as they saw he started signing. Cry to the ones who are immediatly listing their success for sale. Cry to the folks who are legitimately abusing him. I sent 2 items, one each time. Since he seems to be signing 2 per person, I technicaly only sent him 1 package. If you pay attention to this thread you would see I got the card back recently. Common sense dictates that it's impossible to send him a ball and get it back that fast. Maybe you should take a month off from TTM. Use the money you saved for some etiquette classes.

You should think before you speak. I have been in this hobby for 2 decades and I treat it with respect. I never sell, never abuse good signers, and I actualy take the time and pay the expense to send a thank you letter when I appreciate a players generosity.

I'll be waiting for the apology letter you OWE me!!!

***Cyberer what really makes me laugh is your own success thread. You send multiples to everyone. Funny you think I abuse someone when i send 1 single item; yet you are sending 3+. Practice what you preach rookie.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Don't think I'm dumb, mentally ill ignorant or whatever else you said, although you should check your posts before you call someone dumb and stupid in the same sentence, it might make it look like you don't know those words are synonyms.

Sending multiples in the same envelope is VERY VERY VERY different than sending multiple requests, but if you truly sent your ball before you got your card back signed, then you did nothing wrong by my book and I simply misread which I will apologize for.

please explain how it is so different to send multiples or multiple requests. Either way you are getting multiple autographs from a player. seems to be the same to me.
    Its funny cyberer. through all of the ethical dilemmas you have been part of on here (most of which your side was in the wrong) you ALWAYS have some stupid excuse to justify it. like i said before, grow up

SCF Rewards
    Country

it is different to actively send another request with an auto in hand and clog up a player with requests while other people are trying to get him than it is to send 2 the first time. If you don't see that then you're blinded by your own self righteousness.

As for my stupid excuse, why would I call you out for sending a 2nd request with an auto in hand if you didn't have the auto in hand when you sent it out. Obviously I misread it and it isn't a "stupid excuse." Had you sent it with an auto in hand, I would not apologize for my statements, because that is sleazy for the reason I just cited above.

SCF Rewards
    Country

it is different to actively send another request with an auto in hand and clog up a player with requests while other people are trying to get him than it is to send 2 the first time. If you don't see that then you're blinded by your own self righteousness.

As for my stupid excuse, why would I call you out for sending a 2nd request with an auto in hand if you didn't have the auto in hand when you sent it out. Obviously I misread it and it isn't a "stupid excuse." Had you sent it with an auto in hand, I would not apologize for my statements, because that is sleazy for the reason I just cited above.

clogging up with extra requests?
    there is an extra envelope to open i suppose, but either way the guy is signing multiple.
    As for my self righteousness, I have only sent multiple times to a player once and it was because you couldnt see the auto the first time and i wanted one that looked nicer.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Like I said- you have done nothing wrong sending a second request before you got the first one in that scenario. I am bitter by being 2/41 on spring training requests thus far, and I said something snippy in a moment of weakness. Mea culpa, and I'm sorry. Enjoy your success (not meant sarcastically- i really am happy to see these come in, but wish mine would too)!

SCF Rewards
    Country

OK, I accept your apology.

I agree that abusing a good signer is wrong. I got him on 2 items, and that is 2 more than I ever thought I'd have, and enough to keep me more than happy. Can I send to him again? Sure, but I don't do that. I agree that someone else deserves to feel the same way I felt when I opened the envelope. I don't abuse this hobby, never have, and never will.

If I were like some of the other people on this and the other sports TTM site I would have sent out letter after letter each day using different style writing/envelopes and using all of my family members addresses so I can stock pile. I think that is selfish and against the moral code of TTM. But I can't stop anyone from doing as they please, I can only lead by example.

I know all about a bad Spring training. I wrote letters all Winter 2009. I mailed 500 letters on Valentines day 2010. Overall I got back about 30%, and I didn't send to more than 20 big stars. I was working on my Allen & Ginter sets. ST is a rough animal. Just be patient and things might get better. I got CC Sabathia a little after New Years, so you never know what will come in the future.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The situations you described (the family members, the abusing, etc) is what I meant to criticize in my post, which wasn't you. It seems like we are on the same page viewing it as bush league. I myself after 2 weeks of not hearing from vlad sent another (which is what you did I think). I think that is ok, it's sending request after request to stockpile that is bad.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes, I had mailed the card about 2 weeks before I sent the ball. I read someone got a ball so I took a chance and sent one that afternoon. Some people seemed to get their stuff back in about a week, I didn't get my card untill 22 days.

SCF Rewards
    Country

exactly i may not get mine back because big mac is taking that time to respond to others multiple requests. but thats the way it goes,so dont come here and claim to be a friend to the hobby,ecspecially with a guy like McGwire with a short window of oppurtunity!just saying!