Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Probably been talked about to death... The Scene...

The Sports Card Scene in general...

$7 a pack for Eclipse?

I understand the rising costs of labor, and inflation, and etc etc etc. I know sports cards are more exciting in some ways than back when I first started back in 1988.

But my gosh... doesn't anyone else feel this is getting a little ridiculous? And all there is is Press Pass for racing. Some of their sets each year are a waste of time. Is anyone really that excited for TRAKS? although I will admit I used to love Trackside.

I just think the industry is going to choke itself. I do not feel like many kids are getting into sports cards because it just is not that affordable and quite frankly almost not even kid friendly. I see hobby shops all over New England struggling with their Sports Card sales. A lot of Hobby Shops have given up on carrying packs of cards, especially for racing.

I know a few hobby shops with cases still for sale from 2000 up. I am going to see if they will let me take pics of them for here in case anyone is interested in them.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I think the Racing Diecast industry was about to choke itself, but has made a lot of good moves to bring back stability to the scene.

Thoughts?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jsab4807's Items on eBay

$7 a pack is steep....every hobby shop I go to has Eclipse for $5.

SCF Rewards
    Country

$7 a pack is steep....every hobby shop I go to has Eclipse for $5.

Wait.. what?!?!

On the pack I swear it was printed by Press Pass. But yeah, it was a store sticker.

Either way, even $5 a pack is ridiculous.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jsab4807's Items on eBay

Well, Eclipse is PP's 'highest-end low end' release (if that makes sense), so $5 a pack doesn't seem too far-fetched. Even the lowest end releases run at least $3 a pack.

SCF Rewards
    Country

$7 is a little steep. Doing a quick search on google the packs range from $5-$5.50.

SCF Rewards
    Country

$7 is a little steep. Doing a quick search on google the packs range from $5-$5.50.

$5 is certainly better. I will just have to pay attention next time. I thought it was the price printed on the pack.

I still feel like it is a bit steep. I also would love to see Upper Deck come out with a racing set again. Or for all I know Press Pass is owned by the same company.

SCF Rewards
    Country

With a Hobby box giving atleast 4 hits per. 5.00 isn't bad a pack. Most stores are buying their product from the wholesalers and are paying around 105.00-115.00 a box for hobby. At 24 packs per @ 5.00 they are only making around 5.00 to 15.00 per box profit. Also included into the mix this year, Press Pass issued a hot box that looks like was insert 1 per half case. These held 11 hits in them.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (18) NUTS
    Country
    See SHLBYSALEN's Items on eBay

TRAKS doesnt exist anymore,

i could be wrong but i dont think any racing packs have prices on them from press pass.

The hobby doesnt need upper deck getting back into racing after what they were busted on in the last couple of years. Their business practices leave a lot to be desired.

if you think 5-7 is bad wait till you see the price of showcase and five star.

you can make the price argument on most anything. buy a movie for 20.00 open it. dont even watch it and see what you can sell it for. and zero chance your going to get a movie with an autograph in it.