Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (139)
    Country

From the mail:

Harry Dean Stanton - sent 1 photo to his agency address on 7/18/12 and received it back signed. Goes great with
    my Red Dawn movie collection.

James Garner - sent 2 photos to his home address on 7/25/2012 and received them both signed. Now off to complete the dual auto.

Dale Dye - served in the military and once home got into acting. Has been in a lot of movies with small roles. Sent a photo from the movie Starship Troopers to his work address and he returned it signed along with 2 book marks that were signed.

Trades

Stephen Pearce - gift from Danny for my 09 Topps set... Thank you

Tim Raines/Ron Tingley - received from a trade on SCN

Jason Giambi - received from a trade on SCN

Photo is not the greatest :(

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (139)
    Country

Just now getting around to posted my recent TTM pick ups

James Worthy - sent 2 cards 1.5 years ago and received them both signed. Used his home address at that time. Compared them to others I have seen and they look pretty good.

John Cygan - Voiced Twitch from Toy Story. Signed 2 photos for my Toy Story collection.

Candy Clark - Was in The Blob from the 80s. A great addition to my horror collection. She was the victim in the phone booth in the movie. She signed 2 photos.

Enjoy

SCF Rewards
    Country

great Worthy returns, congrats!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (139)
    Country

great Worthy returns, congrats!

Thanks man! I was surprised they came back!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (139)
    Country

The Durham Bulls park was selected to host the AAA National Championship game this year, the first time this game has ever been held east of the Mississippi. I had my eye on this game for quite some time and was not sure if I was going to make it, (busy time of the year at my job). So as the time got closer and closer I kept noticing that my name was not in the training roster to teach and all of my work was up to date so I knew I would be going then. I waited until the last minute to order cards as I didn’t have much on the 2 Pacific teams (Reno and Omaha) that were battling it out for the berth into the Championship game so I ordered a bunch form both teams.

Game day arrived and it poured down rain pretty much all morning and all afternoon and I was praying and hoping that either the rain would stop for the game or the game would be postponed one day (no rain in the forecast). Well the game went out as scheduled and I graphed pre-game. I decided to bypass Pawtucket and went straight for Reno. Very glad I did! I must say Reno was probably the most autograph friendly team all season long! While waiting for a few players to come out of the dugout, I ran up to the announcement booth and met Jim Kaat who was the honorary announcer for the game. He signed a program and one of his cards. He was a super nice guy! Wish I had bought a ball but oh well! I finished pre game with Reno and made my way to the seat.

Reno jumped out to a 8-0 lead until Pawtucket got a few runs but that was as close as they would get. Trevour Bauer, the 3rd pick up the 211 draft started for Reno and ended up winning the game for them. He def. had control issues but overall his weird delivery style, throwing from the hip pretty much, confused Pawtucket for a while. More on Bauer later. The game took about 4 hours to play. The rain slowly came back into play and finally when the game ended, a steady downpour was hitting us. That didn’t stop Reno from partying it up.

After the game we all tried to get post game autographs but it poured and poured. Both teams came out of the same door which helped a little. But with the rain, many stayed on the inside of the stadium merely taunting us! LOL! I think I maybe got 3 Pawtucket guys, they were horrible both pre and post game. A lot of the Reno guys, stopped outside and signed even in the rain while waiting to go to the after game party. Brett Tomko actually told all of us waiting he would sign and he didn’t want out cards getting wet so he actually let us stay under an awning to keep from getting wet while he signed and got soaked! Trevour Bauer eventually came outside and signed as he promised he would after the game. Talk about a super nice guy! He signed for a good 15-20 minutes. He even signed multiples if you had them! I did get my AAA Championship ball signed by him. Enjoy!

The haul! Will listen to trade offers!

Jim Kaat 2/2 (1 card and 1 program)
    Trevour Bauer 3/3 (1 card, 1 ball, 1 program for CW13)
    Ken Broxton 2/2
    Charles Brewer 2/2
    Brett Butler 3/3 (the nicest manager in baseball)
    Rick Burleson 1/1
    Jonathan Albaladejo 1/1
    Josh Bell 5/5 (Shocked!)
    Brett Tomko 5/5
    Matt Gorgen 1/1
    AJ Pollock 1/1
    Daniel Cabrera 4/4 (09 Topps NFT)
    Joe Paterson 3/3
    Billy Buckner 1/1
    Mike Jacobs 3/3 (09 Topps/09 A&G NFT)
    Joe Martinez 2/2 (09 A&G NFT)

Pawtucket

Andy LaRoche 1/3
    Ryan Dent 5/5 (08 Tri Star NFT)
    Gerald Perry 3/3
    Tried for others but they refused.

Jim Kaat / Trevour Bauer

Trevour Bauer – AAA Chamionshiop ball

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hate I didn't end up going, debated but decided against but great hauls! Saw the Pawsox win against Charlotte that week before and they were just as awful. Danny Valencia had to be the worst called him over, couldn't have been standing but 10 feet away, and he just started looking up at the sky like where is that coming from then looked and said I can't. But Dent was a nice guy, as was Brentz which is really the only guy still there worth getting.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Love the Jim Kaat signed card, who is that next to Brett Tomko in the bottom pic?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (139)
    Country

Hate I didn't end up going, debated but decided against but great hauls! Saw the Pawsox win against Charlotte that week before and they were just as awful. Danny Valencia had to be the worst called him over, couldn't have been standing but 10 feet away, and he just started looking up at the sky like where is that coming from then looked and said I can't. But Dent was a nice guy, as was Brentz which is really the only guy still there worth getting.

I already had Brentz and everyone was trying to get him so it gave me more time to concentrate on others. Dent is awesome. LaRoche was too, just in a hurry to leave. Valencia didn't even sign one all night. Only other one I really needed was Che-Hsuan Lin on a set card.... oh well. hopefully next year

Love the Jim Kaat signed card, who is that next to Brett Tomko in the bottom pic?

That would be Gerald Perry

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rindo03461's Items on eBay

Sweet Bauers! I am glad you had a great time.
    My tradelist…

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (139)
    Country

Sweet Bauers! I am glad you had a great time.

Thanks. He was a super nice guy! Hope to see him in the bigs next year

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 LastLast