Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Who is your all time favorite football player and why?

Figured it would be cool to see who everyones favorite football player was and why they liked them. Your player can be a present player or a retired player. Please list your player and tell why they are your favorite.

Mine obviously is Peyton Manning. The reason he is my favorite is the way he commands the field and leads his team. He is constantly reading defenses and changing plays accordingly based on what he seems. He is a consummate professional.

Please share!

Thanks!

Collecting PEYTON MANNING, CAL RIPKEN JR, AUSTIN COLLIE AND CURRENT COLTS
    **IN THAT ORDER, PEYTON TAKES PRIORITY**

2. Wata Photo
    I completely agree with your assessment of Peyton. He's not my fav though. I'm a college football fan more than I am pro. My favorite player has to be Golden Tate. He was an absolute BEAST when he played for Notre Dame. I've been a fan of his since he started at ND and I'm now looking forward to seeing him get some WR play time for the Seahawks. NO MORE KICK RETURNS PLEASE! Carroll's gotta keep that dude healthy!
    Hidden Content
    Michael Floyd and Knute Rockne collector
    UNLESS THE CARD SAYS 1/1...IT'S NOT A 1/1!!!!!!!!
    I REALLY NEED TOM ZBIKOWSKI AUTO LETTERMEN PATCHES.
    bucket:Hidden Content

Thanks for sharing TrueIrishFan616. I see alot of potential in Tate!

My favorite was Barry Sanders. Simply was just jaw dropping good! You never new what he was going to do next!

Collecting Detroit Lions,Tigers,Red Wings,Pistons and U of Michigan.

Interested in joining the baseball staff? Drop me a pm!

Thanks for participating Dan. I didnt get to see much from Barry when he was playing but I have seen clips of him that were just like you said, "jaw dropping".

Mine is Oronde gadsden He just was bale to make thoes crazy catches. He was a great player for a about 6 years but was cut short due to bad ankles.
    MIAMI DOLPHINS SCF SUPER COLLECTOR!
    Dolphins PC: 9486 1300+ Gu'ed & Auto

Current favorite player is Evan Moore. He was signed as an undrafted FA by the Packers in 08 and didn't make the final roster, was invited back in 09, didn't make it again cause of injury problems. The Browns signed him off the street with 5 games left in the 09 season, and in his first game he had 6 catches for like 80 yards, which was unheard of for a Browns player in the 09 season, especially when the guy was signed off the streets 4 days before the game. He ended having the 3rd most receptions for the Browns in 09...and he only played in 5 games, and no one really gave the guy any recognition for some reason. Then I met him at training camp last year, and he was a real down-to-earth and nice guy.
    Collecting all Cleveland Teams, Bowling Green State Alumni, South Carolina Alumni, Andre Roberts, Mike Kafka and Baron Davis.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Welker83 View Post
    Mine is Oronde gadsden He just was bale to make thoes crazy catches. He was a great player for a about 6 years but was cut short due to bad ankles.
    Thanks for sharing, Its a shame he couldnt have stayed healthy and played longer.

Quote Originally Posted by selby56 View Post
    Current favorite player is Evan Moore. He was signed as an undrafted FA by the Packers in 08 and didn't make the final roster, was invited back in 09, didn't make it again cause of injury problems. The Browns signed him off the street with 5 games left in the 09 season, and in his first game he had 6 catches for like 80 yards, which was unheard of for a Browns player in the 09 season, especially when the guy was signed off the streets 4 days before the game. He ended having the 3rd most receptions for the Browns in 09...and he only played in 5 games, and no one really gave the guy any recognition for some reason. Then I met him at training camp last year, and he was a real down-to-earth and nice guy.
    Thanks for sharing, Ill have to keep my eyes on this guy next season. I can honestly say I dont know who he is . Sounds like he has tons of potential!

Jerome Bettis

I started liking him when he was at Notre Dame. He always had a smile on his face and just seemed like a really nice guy, plus I have always been a fan of the bruising power backs. When he was drafted by the Rams I was crushed. I had really hoped he would get drafted by the Steelers. I wasn't defeated though, I still collected every RC I could find of him.

After a few years with the Rams he had fallen out of favor and the rumors began that he might be traded. The day of the draft my wife asked me who I wanted the Steelers to draft and I said "Jerome Bettis!" She knew he had already been drafted and was confused and I explained that I was hoping the Steelers would pull a rare draft-day trade and get him. A few hours later, as Paul Tagliabue stepped to the mic and began announcing a trade involving the Steelers the hair on my body stood on end (it still does when I think about it). I just knew it had to be a trade for Jerome Bettis. As he said that the Steelers had acquired Jerome Bettis from the Rams I exploded. I was jumping around, screaming, yelling. I scared my wife half to death LOL.

I have been a huge fan every since. I knew he was going to become an iconic back in the Steelers system and he did. I had a pretty extensive PC until I quit collecting in 2000 and I still have most of it.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Hines Ward. If you've ever seen him play, then I don't need to explain why I love the dude
    Blog: Hidden Content
    Steven Jackson Collection- 30 RCs, 160 #D, 182 GU/Patch, 23 AU, 8 Au/Jsy, Three 1/1
    Jermaine Gresham: 29 RCs, 26 #D, 30 GU/Patch, 25 AU, 29 Au/Jsy
    Steelers: 74 #D, 37 GU/Patch, 22 AU, 6 AU/GU
    Josh Johnson: 16 RCs, 9 #D, 17 Autos

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast