Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast
    Latest addition was a freebie from volsguy16. We share a common bond in that we both collect Manning collegiate cards. For those of you who have not seen his collection (in the SCF Super Collector's Hall of Fame), it is worth a look. His collection is one of the most incredible collections out there.

Both of us needed the following card and he found multiple copies. Rather than holding one hostage or keeping the find for himself, he got copies for his collection, my collection, and the collection of another Manning collegiate collector. What a great gesture. The card is a 2000 Collector's Edge "Blue", numbered 15/75:

Thanks Chris!

those are outstanding man.. I have a very small Manning collection, as he's been my favorite player since I can remember. Im' only 23, live about 30 minutes from Indy... so I started watching as he came into the league.. Completely envious of your collection. thanks for showing it
    Collecting Manning and the Colts, ANDREW LUCK, T.Y. Hilton

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by nickmyster16 View Post
    those are outstanding man.. I have a very small Manning collection, as he's been my favorite player since I can remember. Im' only 23, live about 30 minutes from Indy... so I started watching as he came into the league.. Completely envious of your collection. thanks for showing it
    Greetings, I hope all is well. Thank you so much for the kind words. I always wanted to take a trip to Indy to watch a game but unfortunately it never happened.

As I've said before, a lot of my collection is a product of being in the right place at the right time and having a lot of help from fellow collectors along the way. Collecting Peyton for 15 years also helps. Suddenly I feel old.

I have another GU collegiate card on the way. Hoping it will arrive this week. Thanks again for the kind words!

Latest addition to the collegiate collection is from the 2002 Playoff Honors Alma Materials insert set. This card is serial numbered /25 and features a game worn collegiate helmet:

Thanks for looking!

Latest addition comes from Press Pass. In 1998, Press Pass gave this card out at SportsFest '98. Although it is not serial numbered, the back states that the card has a production run of 1,000. The fact that it took me over three years to find a copy of this card for sale kind of surprises me considering that it is a low production Manning rookie year issue.

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (19)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by RITM View Post
    Latest addition to the collegiate collection is from the 2002 Playoff Honors Alma Materials insert set. This card is serial numbered /25 and features a game worn collegiate helmet:

Thanks for looking!
    Nice that's a tuff find there
    Hidden Content
    -BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR JULY 2006 ISSUE#196+NOV 2008 ISSUE #220 i collect Ed Reed,Ravens,Baltimore Colts+ nice stuff
    Hidden Content

Two new additions, both from the 2006 Gridiron Gear Player Timelines collection.

The first card features a collegiate swatch. It is not serial numbered:

Next card features collegiate GU and an autograph:

Nice cards. There wouldn't be many of those these days that aren't locked away in PCs.
    "Just because some of us can read and write and do a little math, that doesn't mean we deserve to conquer the Universe" - Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by OZTATAR View Post
    Nice cards. There wouldn't be many of those these days that aren't locked away in PCs.
    Thank you. I agree. I think that fact has a lot to do with the recent price surge of Manning collegiate cards.

This is my second copy of this card. The first copy I acquired did not have the stripe. Found a copy at a price I could live with. Undecided at this point if I will keep both or not. The 2002 Alma Mater Materials series is Peyton's only collegiate helmet card.

2002 Playoff Honors Alma Mater Materials /75:

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast