Budget Deficit: Government Handouts Top Tax Income

Budget Deficit: Government Handouts Top Tax Income

Households received $2.3 trillion in government income support in 2010.
    Government cash accounts for79 percent of household income growth since 2007.
    Since 2007, household tax payments have fallen by $312 billion...

...For the first time since the Great Depression, households are receiving more income from the government than they are paying the government in taxes...

...Government transfers of income to households started to overtake personal taxes at the start of 2008, and the gap has been widening. In 2010, households received $2.3 trillion in income support from unemployment benefits, Social Security, disability insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, veterans’ benefits, education assistance and other cash transfers of government funds to individuals. Also last year, households paid $2.2 trillion in income, payroll, and other taxes. The difference was $125 billion, equivalent to 1 percentage point of overall personal income and about three times the amount Republicans and Democrats agreed to cut from government spending through Sept. 30.
    Disgraceful

"I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."

And yet there continues to be a demand for more and more government spending.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."