Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

i will try and catch up. first of all, I am a youth minister so obviously I have a certain belief. However, I think I am pretty open minded, I will try and answer what I can but I am willing to say I don't know when I don't.

God exists outside of time. Meaning, he knows what has happened as well as what will happen. His knowing what I will do a week from now, does not mean that I don't choose what I will do.

I do think people should pray more often for strength as well as peace with what happens. There is evidence in scripture (for those that believe it) of God changing his mind based on the appeal of Moses. Therefore, it is not outside the realm for people to pray hoping to effect God's decision.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See brittanyhoney123's Items on eBay

The Bible is written and interpreted by man for man to go along with mans editing of it it is a far cry from what it is intended and this more fiction than fact

This is how I tend to go with it, there are to many books changed by man or omitted by man because the content is risky and what not.....I do believe in God I do believe Jesus died for me, but I don't believe the Bible is 100% truth or proof.......

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See brittanyhoney123's Items on eBay

The Bible tells us to pray for results and that God will bless us with results. The Bible also tells us to pray for strength and guidance. Prayer is about humbling yourself before God and communicating with him--acknowledging that He is in control of all things. He rewards all those who are faithful to Him. Sometimes with results. Sometimes not. One thing prayer will do is bring you closer to Him and His will for you.

Just like the Old saying God hears all prayers but sometimes the answer is NO........

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

This is how I tend to go with it, there are to many books changed by man or omitted by man because the content is risky and what not.....I do believe in God I do believe Jesus died for me, but I don't believe the Bible is 100% truth or proof.......

2 Timothy 3:16 says that all scripture is God-breathed, meaning that the writer of each of the scriptures was inspired by God when the books were written. I also take this to mean that the vetting process of what became and did not become biblical canon was also guided by the hand of God. Thus, though each of the books of the Bible has a human voice and tone to it, it is in fact the word of God.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

No arguement from me.

My .02 is that every religious text, be it a Quran, Holy Bible or Torah, has challengable aspects. All ancient religious texts are written from someone's perspective and influenced by their opinion and underlying motivation. Questioning the reality or legitimacy of one specific religion just shows that there is a hidden agenda.

For me I find the reason I question religion with people is because many people want to use it to create legislation. I agree 100% with your posts that there are tangible and intangible aspects to any religion, but when one religious majority wants to use the intangible aspects to create laws for everyone to follow, no matter their beliefs, that is when I find it legitimate to question. If an individual wants to choose to believe something that can't be proven or not that is up to them and their choice.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

2 Timothy 3:16 says that all scripture is God-breathed, meaning that the writer of each of the scriptures was inspired by God when the books were written. I also take this to mean that the vetting process of what became and did not become biblical canon was also guided by the hand of God. Thus, though each of the books of the Bible has a human voice and tone to it, it is in fact the word of God.

So in essence, what you are saying is; a passage written by a man, says that all scripture is God-breathed. Interesting concept.

Here my advice to you based on that logic; beware the liar that tells you he never lies.
    Last edited by habsheaven; 04-25-2011 at 10:08 AM. Reason: typo

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

So in essence, what you are saying is; a passage written by a man, says that all scripture is God-breathed. Interesting concept.

Here my advice to you based on that logic; beware the liar that tells you he never lies.

Is your position that nothing written in the Bible is divinely inspired, or just the parts that support your arguments?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

Is your position that nothing written in the Bible is divinely inspired, or just the parts that support your arguments?

My position on the BIBLE, and for that matter EVERY RELIGION on the planet, is that they have been created by MAN, for MAN and are in the best interest of MAN and nothing else.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

My position on the BIBLE, and for that matter EVERY RELIGION on the planet, is that they have been created by MAN, for MAN and are in the best interest of MAN and nothing else.

Are you an atheist?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

I am a Realist.

Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast