Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 53 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3435051525354555663 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See weth23's Items on eBay

I like you because you are one of the few christians that I've read on here that makes an ounce of sense. However this is where we disagree somewhat. Most (but not all) atheists are not on a personal crusade to disprove religion. However most religious people are on a personal crusade to prove that their religion is right and if you don't follow theirs exactly as they perscribe you are doomed to hell. Atheists go about their daily business because atheism is not religion and faith means nothing to them. It's just like asking one of us on here about barbie dolls. However if you ask an atheist for their opinion about a religious issue they will tell you what they think. Again I am not an atheist nor am I supporting or endorsing atheism I am just giving respect where respect is due. I think that a lot of christians, muslims, and jews could learn a lot from atheists.

I think a lot of Christian can definitely learn a lot from nonbelievers but for many of those Christians I might not even really consider them Christian,but that's a whole 'nother discussion.

I don't want to generalize but I do believe some Atheists to be so against the idea of religion, it is their crusade to disprove everything religious. That in itself, in my opinion, causes you to be close minded and such.

I do apologize for those who argue to the point of no love shown. I am willing to accept that many do not believe in what I believe and there is a point in a conversation like this thread, where anything else argued about is a detriment to both sides, because it starts to feel like, "who's winning the argument and who has the upper hand?" All I ask is that neither side be patronizing and sarcastic about each other's viewpoints. I mean, how hard is it to say, "I hear what you are saying, but that doesn't make sense to me because..."

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See undefeated*'s Items on eBay

A crusade to disprove everything religious? My good man, almost everything religious has already been disproven.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You must feel really good about that. I suppose I will choose to believe in things that make no sense.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See undefeated*'s Items on eBay

As you wish, but personally, I couldn't live with myself if I said that to myself.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

I'd have to think that they don't mean what they say in today's terms, otherwise as someone had stated earlier, we'd all be dead and only Muslims would be walking the Earth. I just know for my faith, the stories in the OT do not literally apply to present day terms but are a good teaching source for our faith.

As for the Westboro Baptist Church, I tried to contact them to no avail since they were bombarded with messages on their website. I go to a Baptist church myself and when I heard about what they did I was very saddened and wanted to rebuke them. it's people like them that make it very hard to share the Gospel with anyone.

Really? They don't take it literally? What's the punishment for practicing Christianity in say Iran, Afganistan, Syria ect ect??
    As far as the Biblical quotes, I read over them pretty quickly but I don't see anywhere that it says kill the non-belivers if they don't convert. Seems like a few of those passages were speaking about believers and one was speaking on judgement....
    Lastly, want some real info from a real ex-muslim? Read some of the stuff from this guy......http://www.shoebat.com/comments.php
    Last edited by sanfran22; 05-04-2011 at 08:27 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Really? They don't take it literally? What's the punishment for practicing Christianity in say Iran, Afganistan, Syria ect ect??
    As far as the Biblical quotes, I read over them pretty quickly but I don't see anywhere that it says kill the non-belivers if they don't convert. Seems like a few of those passages were speaking about believers and one was speaking on judgement....
    Lastly, want some real info from a real ex-muslim? Read some of the stuff from this guy......http://www.shoebat.com/comments.php

to be honest, I am more concerned about the truths about Christianity. I don't claim to know a lot about Islam but to me personally, it's not a violent religion. I mainly care about how people interpret what the Bible says. People who don't believe will twist and turn it any way they want and they think the same for us when we tell them otherwise. I just didn't like where the discussion was going about Christians and being a people that tries to destroy people who don't believe in the same things as us.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants

to be honest, I am more concerned about the truths about Christianity. I don't claim to know a lot about Islam but to me personally, it's not a violent religion. I mainly care about how people interpret what the Bible says. People who don't believe will twist and turn it any way they want and they think the same for us when we tell them otherwise. I just didn't like where the discussion was going about Christians and being a people that tries to destroy people who don't believe in the same things as us.

I hear ya...I think you should look into it more though. In the end it may be a big deal....
    I'll leave you all with this
    http://www.citizenwarrior.com/2010/1...out-islam.html
    and this...
    http://www.actforamericaeducation.com/index.php

This is from the mouths of current and ex muslims. Like I've said before, study it, because ignorance is part of the problems we are dealing with today.....
    I thinbk I'm done on this disscussion. Made my points. Hang in there Taxman, we're all in this together.....

SCF Rewards
    Country

I hear ya...I think you should look into it more though. In the end it may be a big deal....
    and this...

This is from the mouths of current and ex muslims. Like I've said before, study it, because ignorance is part of the problems we are dealing with today.....
    I thinbk I'm done on this disscussion. Made my points. Hang in there Taxman, we're all in this together.....

Hey, I'm with you guys too! No one said it was easy to believe in Christ. I'll give it a read but I think it's more beneficial to talk in person with a Muslim or someone who has been a Muslim. Not sure what online source is truly credible.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants

Hey, I'm with you guys too! No one said it was easy to believe in Christ. I'll give it a read but I think it's more beneficial to talk in person with a Muslim or someone who has been a Muslim. Not sure what online source is truly credible.

Sorry, didn't mean to leave you out. The sites are from 2 people that were deep into it....It's an interesting read. We all have not been involved deeply in the religion so its good to see someone who has and is reporting what they are preaching.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

and this...

Great stuff there. Very informative. Such a compassionate and peaceful religion, that Islam.

Page 53 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3435051525354555663 ... LastLast