Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 7 of 79 FirstFirst ... 456789101757 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

For the people who don't believe the bible is infallible, how were you created? Big Bang Theory? Monkeys? How or who do you think created the amazing world around you? The way things work so perfectly together, etc.

as far as my belief of how I am here evolution sounds much more plausible than that of humans just being plopped down on day or that of the world that we know being created in 7 days. Of course there is no 100% proof of humans evolving from a single celled organism, but the story of god created the world in seven days just isn't true. There are animals that existed and were extinct millions of years before humans have been around. I'm not anything close to a scientist but I believe that things can be carbon dated fairly accurately.

Evolution is something that exists for sure and there are many instances of it within the animal kingdom. Now I go recognize that it's not as extreme as a complex human evolving from a single celled organism, but when we can see it over a short spam of time it's plausible for me to make that leap that it could happen over millions or even billions of years.

It is true that nature is beautiful, but to me that doesn't mean it was instantly created by some sort of higher power.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

And yet there are no hard facts that can disprove the existence of a god either.

Dang it! Beat me to it.

No there isn't. But I do not need hard facts to prove a negative.

If I tell you I can't fly, I assume you will believe me without requesting proof. If I tell you I can fly, you will insist on seeing me do it. Yet you will not use the same standard on this subject.

By the same measure, if you tell me that you can fly and I do not ask you to prove it then there exist no proof that you can not fly either.

For people that do, who created God? I will continue to believe what science tells me. For you, I suggest you spend some time researching "monkeys". You may be surprised by what you learn.

Have you seen the world we live in? "Perfect" would not be an adjective I would use to describe the world. "Perfect" has not turned out too well for many peoples over the years.

The world being perfect and peoples lives being perfect are two different things. If not for man's involvement then the planet Earth would be a glorious place. Animals would not have to contend with highways, oil spills and suburban sprawl if not for man. The Earth would not experience air pollution, litter, landfills and deforestation without man. Man's free will has perverted the perfection. Don't get the two confused.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pdawson21's Items on eBay

You say let's attribute it to a benevolent God. So you agree that God exist?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I cannot independently verify that statement. I "know" it to be true because I have faith in that and other facts upon which my religion is based. The Christian religion cannot exist without faith in the unprovable.

What do you believe about the creation of the universe? The method of creation has yet to be proven. Your statement suggests that you don't have a position on the creation of the universe, because it cannot be proven one way or the other.

I am enjoying this discussion with you, by the way. Thanks for keeping it rational.

I do not have a position as of yet on how the universe came to exist. I doubt I ever will, and I am okay with that. Afterall, it really isn't all that important. I am however open to ALL possibilities, but I am not going to believe anyone who tells me to have FAITH and just believe, especially after the track record religion has had over the years. No disrespect but, I think that is just foolish.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

You say let's attribute it to a benevolent God. So you agree that God exist?

Yeah, that's it. Where's the darn "sarcasm" emoticon when you need it?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

I do not have a position as of yet on how the universe came to exist. I doubt I ever will, and I am okay with that. Afterall, it really isn't all that important. I am however open to ALL possibilities, but I am not going to believe anyone who tells me to have FAITH and just believe, especially after the track record religion has had over the years. No disrespect but, I think that is just foolish.

Does it not take faith to believe what science tells you?

Please elaborate on the track record comment. What exactly do you mean?

Also, what is foolish, faith in the unknown in general, or faith based on the track record of religion?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pdawson21's Items on eBay

Yeah, that's it. Where's the darn "sarcasm" emoticon when you need it?

If you don't think there is one, say so. But to your comment earlier, it seems to lead me to believe you think there is a God but your not sure what to believe.

As to the evolution comment above, yes, I think there is some truth to humans adapting to our culture in a sense. Different weather, sun conditions, immunities, etc but I believe God created us as human beings. Also there are some "gap theories" that could explain your thought of 7 days. Some Christian scholars say that God's 7 days aren't our literal 7 days. Etc. Read up on it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

If you don't think there is one, say so. But to your comment earlier, it seems to lead me to believe you think there is a God but your not sure what to believe.

As to the evolution comment above, yes, I think there is some truth to humans adapting to our culture in a sense. Different weather, sun conditions, immunities, etc but I believe God created us as human beings. Also there are some "gap theories" that could explain your thought of 7 days. Some Christian scholars say that God's 7 days aren't our literal 7 days. Etc. Read up on it.

Most Christians I know don't believe in a literal seven day creation.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

By the same measure, if you tell me that you can fly and I do not ask you to prove it then there exist no proof that you can not fly either.

Depends on what you measure as proof. The fact that no one else has been able to fly should be proof enough in my inability to do it.

The world being perfect and peoples lives being perfect are two different things. If not for man's involvement then the planet Earth would be a glorious place. Animals would not have to contend with highways, oil spills and suburban sprawl if not for man. The Earth would not experience air pollution, litter, landfills and deforestation without man. Man's free will has perverted the perfection. Don't get the two confused.

Tell me what is perfect about meteors pounding the Earth and wiping out species. What role did Man play in that? How about the tsunami in Indonesia a few years ago? What role did Man play in that? How about the Earthquakes in Haiti and Japan? Perfect world, I think not!!
    Last edited by habsheaven; 04-25-2011 at 03:12 PM. Reason: typo

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

Do you also believe "God" (I will put it quotation marks for you from now on) created Woman from Man?

Page 7 of 79 FirstFirst ... 456789101757 ... LastLast