Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spuds1961's Items on eBay

Extreme couponing,what's your take.

My wife is watching extreme couponing,do you guys think it's a sickness or smart,these people need a darn warehouse for all the stuff they buy,so I'm leaning towards sickness.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

The economy is awful right now and you need to save money where you can. I think it's a smart idea as long as you don't spend you're entire day trying to find coupons. Gas and food prices are higher than I can ever remember. My wife doesn't go to exterme couponing but we do use coupons when we can. If we eat out, I always do a quick google search to see if I can find a quick printable coupon - even if it's for a free app or dessert.

Here is a link to a story about a lady who bought over $1000 worth of groceries for $40.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/04/13/pf/e...ning/index.htm

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Green Bay Packers Cincinnati Reds
    See rchurchward22's Items on eBay

My wife isn't that extreme but she's into couponing and it's amazing the amount of money we have saved and the amount of goods we have been able to get. I would highly recommend it if you have the time.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I love the show, always catch it when I can.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

never heard of the show but will have to check it out. What channel is it on.

As far as the practice I think it can go either way depending on the person. For me I don't have the time or desire to do all of that clipping and searching as well as going to many different stores. For some I think it could be considered their hobby and they enjoy it. However, I'm sure it can go to extremes where it's like a disorder similar to hoarding.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See metsin19990's Items on eBay

What I don't think a lot of these people realize is that just because you're buying something for less than it costs, it doesn't necessarily mean you're saving money. It's only saving money if it's something you're planning on using, and have a need for. I think some people are taking it to the point that they buy it because it's $10 instead of $30, but they never wind up using it, so instead of saving $20, all they did was waste $10.

I'm all for coupons, and I love a good bargain, but there's a limit

SCF Rewards
    Country

very good point andrew. When I get coupons in the mail there may be 1 out of 20-30 of something that I typically use. Buying stuff just because you have a coupon can be a just as a waste as just buying the stuff you need/want.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Blue_dog_cards's Items on eBay

Use them when i can, i don't buy thing cause i got a coupon i do more bulk buying then anything i got a little space to use up so that works for,

SCF Rewards
    Country

I just watched this show. I would love to see what some trained professionals have to say about these examples of the behavior. I get the saving money, but these people are a mix between frugal and hoarders. Half of the stuff they have are more than they would ever use and they buy more. One family bought 60 bottles of mustard and after they loaded them up, the husband says "I don't even like mustard". To me it becomes a bit much when people have items stuffed in their bedroom and their kids bedroom.

They did have one woman that gave a lot of stuff to food banks which was great, but said she has to spend 35 hours a week on couponing.

Some of the stuff one woman got was stuff that she got paid to take because of sales, coupons, and rebates.

A lot of this seems like it would be a great way to actually make money. They seemed to buy huge bulk amounts of one specific item. If you buy 50 bottles of laundry soap it seems like you could sell off a major part of that stock and just keep what you can store without having it in your bedroom or under your kids bed. lol

either way. more power to them, but for some of these people it's a full time job and they have help of family members to clip all of these out.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It seems a bit obsessive but if the uses for family VS helping the neighborhood is balanced, I believe for this to be a great understanding.

$1200+ of food, for the family takes $200 some and the the rest goes to shelters/church/soup kitchen and at the same time only spending after coupons around $20-50... I do not see a fail anywhere with anyone with this method.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast