Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sp0odini's Items on eBay

I don't know if I should butt into this discussion or not, but I find the claim that baseball fans seem to be in some way less active then football fans on this site very wrong. Let's face it, the main focus of this site is providing a place for card collectors to bring their boxes of cards they want to trade and finding other collectors doing the same thing. I find the baseball trading threads just as active, if not more so, then the football, basketball, and hocky trading threads. Baseball just has a different type of fan then these other sports and doesn't lend itself to instant gratification by both the fans and the card collectors. Baseball season is a long season, great players have long careers, and the fans follow the games,season, teams, and players with a kind of quiet reverance and hope. We might not say much or give our opinions very often, but we are very much out there and are big, big fans of the game. In my humble opinion baseball is still the game of life.

I'll give you some perspective. Baseball had the most posts and threads on this site for a long time, now look at the numbers.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Paintball_tx's Items on eBay

I did look at the numbers before I posted. Right now the threads I was referring to are as follows:

Baseball card trading: 1,137,184 post in 129,690 threads
    Baseball card buying/selling: 210,929 post in 31,159 threads
    Baseball card Highend trading: 3,813 post in 417 threads

Football card trading: 544,198 post in 46,686 threads
    Football card buying/selling: 255,867 post in 31,127 threads
    Football card High End trading: 10,718 post in 943 threads.

It looks to me like baseball card trading still commands the same amount if not more attention on this site than football, especially since most of the cards on the vintage thread are vintage baseball.
    Last edited by Paintball; 05-04-2011 at 03:00 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

You missed the Archives and how often each team cleans their forum. Numbers can be very deceiving.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spuds1961's Items on eBay

Oh face it Kevin you just don't like the baseball team,numbers can be deceiving,but they are there aren't they.Just messing around,any other new releases for baseball cards around the bend,had fun opening some gypsy queen today,my target finally got some in.Asked for people's opinions in the baseball card section,that thread seems to be doing well.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Oh face it Kevin you just don't like the baseball team,numbers can be deceiving,but they are there aren't they.Just messing around,any other new releases for baseball cards around the bend,had fun opening some gypsy queen today,my target finally got some in.Asked for people's opinions in the baseball card section,that thread seems to be doing well.

LOL I love you all Steve. I actually went to my Fred Meyer (kinda like Target) looking for GQ today and couldn't find any. I was disappointed. I'm looking forward to A&G too, hopefully that won't jump to $150 a box!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12