Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poll: How did you find SCF

Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst ... 354243444546474855 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you Find SCF ?

SCF Rewards
    Country

found this site through a friend of mine. Glad she gave it to me!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aeristilheartly's Items on eBay

To be honest, I used Google... I was looking for a good place to sell my father's collection... and although I'm familiar with eBay, it's the last place I wanted to list these cards... so I Googled 'Best place to sell sports cards' and Ta-Da, this forum appeared on the first page :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

I found SCF through Diecast Crazy and their Sports Card forum on there.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I found the site by stumbling on an old post during a Google search for a 2003 Topps Record Breaker Jerrsey card of Dan Marino.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I found this site looking for 2012 topps NFL "build your legacy challenge"

Hola

anyone think this set is virtually impossible to build?

I did the math, 1:1175 packs or 1 per case.. 110 (set) X $650 (12box hobby case) = $71,500.00 considering you don't get several doubles you then have to seek out trades hoping your traders are more valuable than those you are looking for.

Topps says some of the gold foil /99s are found only in retail so lets break that down, lets say you can get retail blaster boxes 1 bb x 12 per case thats $240=$10sh X 55, assuming you can build the set buying 50% retail 50% hobby...

thats 250 X 55 = $13,750.00, so we'll divide the 110 cards 1 per hobby by 50% thats $35,750.00 then add the retail $13750

35.750.00 +
    13.750.00 =

thats a huge bill to build a 110 card set and I highly doubt the 40(?) autos they are going to send will even come close to covering that the ONLY bonus will be all the other cards you get opening 110 cases of 2013 topps nfl and you should get plenty..

heres my suggestion to tackling this situation...

we need to do a 110 case BREAK of 50% retail 50% HOBBY, but there can only be 40 participants due to the fact there are only 40 autos from topps, UNLESS there is some sort of lottery of snake draft the would allow players to bid for all of the other cards that will come out of the 110 case break, there should be PLENTY of great cards coming out of a break like this..

it could be broken down something like this, if its just a 40 player snake that would be one exclusive topps auto and tons of 2013 topps hits in 110 cases that would only be $450 each for 110 participants.. how that could be broken down into who gets what I dunno?

IF we could get wholesale price's on these cases we could do a 32 man snake, lets say we get 110 cases for $32k it would be $1000 each and a ton of great cards and an exclusive legacy auto of some sort + the original /99s and so many others...

to make it fair we could price out the non team rookie auto's and hot inserts and simply divide them fairly and evenly, same with the other 8 remaining autos, maybe one player gets 2 autos of a lesser value if he has say, Trent Richardson raiders? something like that?

I dunno but it is doable no doubt, maybe we could just get a BASE 40 participants who want one of the BYLC autos and then do some sort of snake for team cards and oldie autos out of the cases?

I dunno just kinda spit balling here but seeing how this 110 card set is going to be virtually impossible to build in the next 3 months with box or even case breaks, I say we give it a go in some manner, PALLET BREAKS... make em cough those autos up! its likely if this is set is built it should be the ONLY auto set distributed..

even if you could find every single card needed on Ebay at an average of $35 per card + shipping you are looking at 4000.00 to build the set with a time constraint of Dec 31st 2013...

dunno, need the pros for this chase to chime in and give us a heads up if this is even possible?

how much will 110 cases or so of the 2013 topps nfl hobby/retail cost?

are there doubles per cases to minimize buy?

I dunno how that works but topps claims they will send an email instructing participants where to get the cards, so far not one single email in this regard so a little investigation would be needed in that regard, is every card needed to build the set out there somewhere in distribution, remember there are only /99 of each card so if the cases are all bought from a single distributer will one of each card be in the shipment?

could be risky if thats not known but one thing is for sure, we shouldnt allow Topps to insert useless cards in pack of cards we pay $200 a pack for that do nothing but inform us of an impossible chase that is implausible..

theres only way way to insure topps business model is reliable, stop buying their product altogether until they stop inserting USELESS cards in packs of football OR, catch the chase and redeem the autos..

I'm in, I want to see if these autos even exist I for one am fairly confident Topps crunched the numbers and said, nah, don't worry about it, building this set will be next to impossible but lets put a bunch of filler cards in the packs anyways... *sigh*

not only would this be the biggest break in all of history but some great cards should be extracted and every participant should get his or her fair share of valuable cards if done preoperly?

again, just spitballing here but it seems extremely unlikely this set can be compiled by single individuals or teams unless a major break takes place simply due to the time constraint, I've been looking on ebay and maybe 5 or 6 cards available, who wants to invest $4k and come up ten cards short or even one?

LETS DO THIS.. is it even possible?

??????

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't remember exactly what I was searching for but I found this doing a Google search.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ghostcardscanada's Items on eBay

Member on another trading site.... cnc .... so I am coming on over

SCF Rewards
    Country

Searched "Soccer cards forum" and found it! Glad I did!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I was looking for a place to get some cards valued and stumbled across this forum!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I found this site through Philly Ink!

Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst ... 354243444546474855 ... LastLast