Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

If you live in Canada, the mail stops dead in its tracks wherever it is Thursday night. No delivery, no forwarding, nothing.

Unless you're doing high-end deals and using alternative services like DHL, UPS, FedEx, it's vacation time as far as trading goes.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 519waf's Items on eBay

If you live in Canada, the mail stops dead in its tracks wherever it is Thursday night. No delivery, no forwarding, nothing.

Unless you're doing high-end deals and using alternative services like DHL, UPS, FedEx, it's vacation time as far as trading goes.

You are forgetting the dramatics.
    In most high profile labor negotiations (not all) the giving of the notice just puts them all on the clock. Usually but not always there is a big last minute push in the negotiations resulting in a greatly publicized deal that works well for both sides.

Here is hoping they get it done.
    Looking for D. Keon, T. Horton, P Henderson Leaf rookies

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Don't use ebay's Items on eBay

In most high profile labor negotiations (not all) the giving of the notice just puts them all on the clock. Usually but not always there is a big last minute push in the negotiations resulting in a greatly publicized deal that works well for both sides.

one can only hope

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See oilfan10's Items on eBay

That's a real shame...I've become pretty close with the post office ladies over the last few years lol I guess I won't be able to see them for a while. While the strike is bad, if it were to happen, right now would be the best time for me since I have summer school, so no trading for me.

A concern for me now is that I hope the workers haven't taken a few days off early. Mail has been very slow as of late.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See scottswats's Items on eBay

Fingers crossed.....Canada Post union has submitted counter proposal after rejecting this morning. Hope its enough

From CBC, "Historically, at Canada Post, we signed [an agreement] at the last minute after postponing our right to strike," which is what happened in 2003, said Lemilin.

Postal workers last went out on strike in 1997, and have signed two collective agreements since then.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See masonraymond0320's Items on eBay

Noooooo
    oh well...i'v never mailed anything via fedex...should try that for the time being now...

So, there is still a small chance that canada post won't go on strike, on thursday?
    Hidden Content
    I collect: Adam Larsson, Mason Raymond and Matt Duchene

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators
    See atmx093's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Fedex, UPS, DHL and the gang are crazy expensive and don't offer a big enough advantage for my business.

Let's hope CP and the union can reach an agreement, because the trading stops until that happens.
    Last edited by cardscardscards; 05-30-2011 at 02:21 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators
    See atmx093's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

You'll still get your mail on Thursday. The strike becomes effective after Thursday at 11:59PM.

Will it happen? Who knows... Harper's never been one to negotiate in his disfavor and I wouldn't be surprised if the strike does happen and that it drags on.

Noooooo
    oh well...i'v never mailed anything via fedex...should try that for the time being now...

So, there is still a small chance that canada post won't go on strike, on thursday?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI(47)
    Country
    See dre2112's Items on eBay

Wow... I'm astonished.

I'm surprised that our system hasn't struck as ours is billions in debt... I don't know much else about our system even though that it's alright, but I've always heard Canada's post system was one of the best in the world (outside of Quebec of course... lol)

I can't speak for other countries but I've lived in both countries and I can EASILY say USPS is far superior to anything Canada Post has to offer.

With USPS I can mail a package across the country with the bare bones service and it will get there in 2 days the earliest, 3-4 days average, and if it's a holiday MAYBE 5-7 days, but that's rare. Prices are relatively cheap and there are a ton of great services for even cheaper (delivery confirmation, insurance, etc).

Canada Post prices can vary from one postal outlet to another. I don't know why it is, but I've found I can get better or worse rates if I just go to a different CP location. Mail within provinces or cities that are a few hours drive can take weeks sometimes. It's absurd.

CP is so bad IMO and has a lot of work to do to catch up and be a little more competitive and consistent.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gerberlili's Items on eBay

I can't speak for other countries but I've lived in both countries and I can EASILY say USPS is far superior to anything Canada Post has to offer.

With USPS I can mail a package across the country with the bare bones service and it will get there in 2 days the earliest, 3-4 days average, and if it's a holiday MAYBE 5-7 days, but that's rare. Prices are relatively cheap and there are a ton of great services for even cheaper (delivery confirmation, insurance, etc).

Canada Post prices can vary from one postal outlet to another. I don't know why it is, but I've found I can get better or worse rates if I just go to a different CP location. Mail within provinces or cities that are a few hours drive can take weeks sometimes. It's absurd.

CP is so bad IMO and has a lot of work to do to catch up and be a little more competitive and consistent.

You are one of the only people I have EVER heard say that in comparison of the Post services. I live in Canada and have had more problems on the US side of the border in my deliveries. As for the different pricing.....you're the one getting scammed and should be looking into it. I've never had that issue unless the package is a different size or weight. The strike MAY happen Thursday night. The notice has been given, BUT if negotiations are going well they could delay the walk out. If they are at a standstill they will walk. It's a universally important battle going on concerning sick time. The Corporation wants to get rid of sick leave and go to a short term disability plan for absences over 3 days and have the validity of the illness determined by Manulife located in Nova Scotia. Sound good to you?? I'd say not. That's why all unions are behind Canada Posts Union to win because if Canada Post loses it, everybody else will follow precedent.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast