Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 78 12341151 ... LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Stanley Cup Finals - Vancouver Canucks v. Boston Bruins

Series starts on Wednesday.

Discuss/predict/analyze/have fun!

Go

Go!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See oilfan10's Items on eBay

Won't be watching. Two of my least favorite teams in the finals. Yuck.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See edthesandwich's Items on eBay

I suspect this series will come down to three keys:

1) Special teams -- Vancouver's is the best in the NHL, hands down. Their power play is positively lethal when the Sedins get time to manage the puck, and Kesler leads a really impressive penalty-killing unit. The Bruins will not get away with being so inept with the man advantage against the Canucks. If Boston doesn't play its most disciplined hockey of the season - and find a way to get the power play going in a hurry - this series won't be close.

2) Faceoffs -- Not everyone takes faceoffs seriously, but they can really dictate the flow of a game. These two teams know how to take draws, but if the Canucks get Manny Malhotra back in the lineup -- which would be an absolutely incredible story, by the way -- then Vancouver gets a huge boost in this category. Bergeron is a faceoff stud, but the rest of the Bruins' center men will need to step up, as well.

3) Goaltending -- this is going to be a sensational matchup. These two were among the best at their craft in the regular season, and though they've shown cracks in the playoffs, I would still take them over any other postseason goalie to this point. It's going to come down to which guy is hotter -- and honestly, it's a tossup between the two.

I would love to see this thing go seven games, but I just get this feeling that Vancouver will be too much to handle. Of course, that's what most people are saying ... and once the games get started, anything can happen.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Canucks in 6. You heard it here first.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (27) UCB
    Country
    See ultimatehockeyfan's Items on eBay

Won't be watching. Two of my least favorite teams in the finals. Yuck.

I agree. But as much as I hate it, gotta root for the Nucks in this one. I can't stand Boston anymore lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bohorvat53's Items on eBay

I agree. But as much as I hate it, gotta root for the Nucks in this one. I can't stand Boston anymore lol.

Funny how just last year you were a Canucks fan, now you can't stand em. Hop on the BW since you hoped off at the end of last year.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Lets Go Bruins!!!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See websux's Items on eBay

so it's a fact now that 1 german player will be Stanley Cup winner, either Ehrhoff or Seidenberg !!! first since Uwe Krupp

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mugatu471's Items on eBay

Hoping for Boston to win this. Should be a good series!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See prosserfan39's Items on eBay

Go Bruins! I was sucked in when Thomas and Boston went to Lake Placid during the Habs series. Call me a hopeless romantic if you will, but Tim Thomas hoping for some Jimmy Craig luck in visiting Herb Brooks Arena was too much for me to not cheer for them (but only if they ended up beating my favorite Eastern Conference team, the Habs, which, unfortunately, they did; there was no way I was going to cheer for them while the Habs were still kicking). Go Bruins and God Bless Tim Thomas!

Dakota

Page 1 of 78 12341151 ... LastLast