Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Any Advice Helps!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sports_heroes09's Items on eBay

Exclamation Any Advice Helps!

I am currently 16 years of age and since summer break is around the corner im looking for a part time job. I haven't had a job before, and im asking my fellow SCF buddies to throw me some advice.

Key places i am interested in appling:

Zumiez
    Finishline
    Pacsun
    and more.

What do companies want to see?
    What do companies like?
    etc, etc.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (18)
    Country

I know first thing I look at when I interview people for my scrap yard or card shop is how they are dressed and how they present themselves. I once had a 18 year old apply to my scrap yard and he came in with his boxers hanging out his hat sideways and his lip full of chew lol..Really spit the chew out pull your darn britches up and take your hat off. Also never tell them what you think they want to hear. Be honest with them and that goes a long way. Also remember businesses have access to background info and criminal records. It's all public info and 3 clicks on the internet will tell your whole life lol. Had a kid apply at the scrap yard for my metal room, thats where we bring in all the coppers, brasses, and high dollar stuff to be sorted. The kid told me he had no criminal record during the first interview and I always check after they tell me yes or no so I can tell if they honest or not. Well turns out the guy had been in prison for armed robbery and grand theft auto lol. Might as well packed the copper in his trunk myself if I was gonna hire him lol. Just be yourself and you should have no problems, and be honest about who you are.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sports_heroes09's Items on eBay

Thanks bud for your help i really appreciate it!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Greengoblin782's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Hey, yeah like the guy said present yourself in the most proper way you can get. The first job I ever had was at a pool. We have this recreation department where there are board games and arts and crafts for the kids to play with. All I had to do is watch them and got $9.50 an hour when I was 16. You should take an easy job in my opinion to start off. You are going to want to save the harder jobs for when your older. Maybe you can search the newspaper with hobbies you like and apply to businesses that are hiring.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (18)
    Country

Hey, yeah like the guy said present yourself in the most proper way you can get. The first job I ever had was at a pool. We have this recreation department where there are board games and arts and crafts for the kids to play with. All I had to do is watch them and got $9.50 an hour when I was 16. You should take an easy job in my opinion to start off. You are going to want to save the harder jobs for when your older. Maybe you can search the newspaper with hobbies you like and apply to businesses that are hiring.

everyones work ethic is different. i remember when i was like 15 and detassled. everyone complained it was such a hard job and how horrible it was. i thought it was very easy. all i did was sit in the bucket on the machine pull tassles and drink water lol..my generation (mid 20s) doesnt understand what work really is. im from a generation that feels entitled. like my dad used to tell me...because i have a million dollars doesnt mean your a millionaire remember i have a will and it can be changed lol..he made me work fast food my senior year of high school to teach me how hard it is to make a dollar. nothing like working for 5.15 an hour but it really made me appreciate the kind of lifestyle i have now and makes me put everything i have into my businesses so i dont have to go back to minimum wage working lol