Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I hear the print run is around 100 to 125 .. but that's a long time ago .. saw one in person about 13 or 14 years ago in a shop in San Jose CA, with a sell price of $1500 or $2500 ..

This is when Thomas and Griffey Jr. were two of the best player in MLB ..
    Hidden Content
    COLLECT :
    TAIWAN JONES, ALEX GREEN football
    JUSTIN O'CONNER, TAYLOR LINDSEY, JURICKSON PROFAR, DILLON MAPLES baseball

I remember back in junior high in the early 90's, a classmate showing me this card. I thought he had taken an eraser and erased the name, I had never heard of such an error! He said it was worth $15 when he pulled it and he got an offer for a $100 from a card shop that he was going to sell it to. I was like, yeah right, whatever. Haha. I should have offered him $150 right there. Of course, I probably only had $20 to my name at the time.

Every so often one pops up on ebay. I'm still trying to get my hands on one.

Click the banner for SCF's Brand New Inventory Manager!!!

I have serveral of these Frank Thomas NNOF's that are graded if anyone is interested. A PSA 8 (#30162720) and a PSA 6 (#40031350). Let me know if anyone has any interest.

Does anyone know if there's a story behind it?
    Check out my set needs. I'm always looking to make a trade.

Hidden Content

Greetings:
    Kelsko the story behind the NNOF Frank Thomas can be the result of a printing error in production no one is sure if it was lacking a certain colored plate cause its conflicting stories on it. One of the stories it needed the Black plate but on closer inspection some have it and some don't. Another story involves that someone at Topps was suppose to been fired cause of they didn't have rights to make the Thomas card and he was supposed not been made and they were to hault production of the card and since it was made it was too late to pull it but they did have the rights so that just a debunked myth. Those are 2 of the stories I know of about that card believe me everytime I see some unopened boxes I just wonder how many might be out there.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.

S.R.'75

Hidden Content

Greetings:
    So Sportscardtheory are you saying my information I mentioned about the card is completely false then. I like to know how you determine it false cause I been collecting since 1978 and I read many publications about the card and also done my own research on this so I like to hear from you back on my response thanks.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.

S.R.'75

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by BSEBALLCOMMISH75 View Post
    Greetings:
    So Sportscardtheory are you saying my information I mentioned about the card is completely false then. I like to know how you determine it false cause I been collecting since 1978 and I read many publications about the card and also done my own research on this so I like to hear from you back on my response thanks.
    What I'm saying is, what happened was figured out completely in that thread. So yes, most of the things you stated in that post are entirely false. I suggest you read the CU thread if you want to know EXACTLY how the Thomas NNOF came to be, because it was literally figured out in that thread.

Greetings:
    Sportscardtheory if you reread closely I mention about how it could been a printing error in my statement as well the debunked myth I was told about as well. I placed those parts in bold so you can clearly reread them NNOF Frank Thomas can be the result of a printing error in production no one is sure if it was lacking a certain colored plate cause its conflicting stories on it. One of the stories it needed the Black plate but on closer inspection some have it and some don't. Another story involves that someone at Topps was suppose to been fired cause of they didn't have rights to make the Thomas card and he was supposed not been made and they were to hault production of the card and since it was made it was too late to pull it but they did have the rights so that just a debunked myth. So explain to me how are my findings false when clearly you mentioned about a printing flaw in your link and also I was told you how it was a debunked myth from what I was told by an official in 2010 at the National Sports Card Convention that was working with Topps. Like I said I been collecting since 1978 how long have you been collecting and I like to know how ya can theoryized what you found.

S.R.'75

Hidden Content

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast