Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice collection, like the Gomes and Kiner!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

All sorts of stuff in the mail today with customs, an archive, and my first return from this year's Topps Heritage. And I still have the IP success from yesterday to put up so here we go.

First, a former All-Star, Gold Glover, and member of 2 Mets WS teams
    Bud Harrelson 1/1 c/o home in 5 days
    I included $5 which he returned with my signed card

Second, another member of the 1969 Miracle Mets
    Ed Kranepool 1/1 c/o home in 6 days
    This was actually the second time I sent him. The first time it must've gotten lost in the mail or something as Ed is pretty much automatic TTM.

Next, is my 64th signed card from the '54 Archives set
    Ray Crone 1/1 c/o home in 20 days

Finally (at least as far as TTM goes), my first return from the Heritage set and a signature I've been eagerly waiting for
    Mike Leake 1/1 c/o Reds in 10 days
    One of my favorite players on the Reds. I've had a soft spot for the team for the past few years so it's always cool to get a return from one of their players.

And now for the IP. I usually don't try to 'graph at major league games because I'm a Yankee fan and well, I can't afford to go very often and when I do it's a huge pain to even try to graph. In fact, before yesterday I had never gotten an autograph at Yankee Stadium. However, yesterday the autograph basically came to me as I hung out in my seat in right field. The ball is kinda dirty because it was a foul ball from a MiLB game, but I really wasn't anticipating getting anyone to sign, I just grabbed it going out the door and was glad I did because I got one of my favorite players on the Yankees.

A.J. Burnett 1/1

Sig looks great and it's right on the sweet spot. Couldn't be happier with how it came out. He actually signed for quite awhile, starting in right center along the wall and going all the way until he reached the dugout while the Old-Timers' Day festivities were going on.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I hate you.... :)

Old Timer's Day seems like the best shot to get some solid autos in Yankee Stadium (maybe even the only day :D), but snatching an AJ Burnett is beyond epic! I saw Bernie was signing after the Old Timer's game and wanted to smack myself. That had to be awesome. Congrats!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sounds awesome! I enjoyed watching the Old Timer's Day festivities on ESPN...that Burnett looks great, but they sure must not go all-out with the balls in the minors. I cringed a little when I saw "China." Regardless, that's an awesome 'graph to get!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks guys. And yeah, they don't go all out haha, but I've gotten lucky with these baseballs and I've yet to have a problem so far, so I'm hoping that keeps up. And it definitely was the best day I've seen for graphing at the Stadium, there was a solid mix of "Old-Timers" (I can't rightfully call Aaron Small an old-timer, hence the quotes haha) and current players signing. Other than AJ and Aaron, I also saw Bernie, Tino, George Frazier, Boone Logan, Cervelli, Brian Doyle, and Ramiro Mendoza signing along the left-field line or near the dugout.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just one return but a very cool one for me as a Yankee fan.

Bob Cerv 2/1 c/o home in 7 days (with $5)
    I had mentioned that I couldn't find a good photo as a Yankee to use for the custom so I was pretty psyched when he mailed me one of his own cards sporting the Yankee uniform. The custom looks a lot better in person.

SCF Rewards
    Country

After an empty day yesterday, today brought 2 more successes, one custom and one from the Heritage set.

Billy Pierce 1/1 c/o home in 9 days
    Asked him to add his retired #19 which he did. Really cool success.

Jed Hoyer 1/1 c/o Padres in 7 days
    Gotta do something with the team cards so I figured I'd send it to the GM. Really quick return.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sprooch's Items on eBay

Nice stuff. Tons of great autos. Keep up the good work.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Today brought 4 more successes to add to my ever growing collection.

Daniel Hudson 1/1 c/o D'Backs in 43 days
    Was kind of worried this one wasn't coming back as I saw a ton of other people were getting them back on SCN in 2 weeks or less. Happy to get this back.

Buck Showalter 1/1 c/o Orioles in 7 days

Gus Triandos 1/1 c/o home in 22 days
    Really happy to get this one back. It's not like an official "project" or anything, but I always to try to get pitchers who've thrown no-hitters and catchers who've caught them.

Rory McIlroy 1/0 through website in 7 days

SCF Rewards
    Country

Three more returns in the mailbox today. It's been very kind to me this week as I'm probably on one of my best stretches in awhile.

Chone Figgins 1/1 c/o Mariners in 8 days
    This was my second try and this time I sent a Heritage instead of a custom and got a return.

Randy "Ransom" Jackson c/o home in 11 days
    He also wrote a note answering my questions.

Dave Kingman c/o home in 11 days (included $5)
    Always happy to get a return from a former Met. Even though I'm a diehard Yankees fan, I've always had a soft spot for the Mets haha.

Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast