Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Marijuana law Goes Up in Smoke?

Marijuana law Goes Up in Smoke?

Actually some humor in this
    Nestled in the town clerk's office in Leicester Town Hall is $12,600 — so to speak.

The money is actually in the form of 126 unpaid citations levied on people fined for being caught with less than an ounce of marijuana. Two of the citations were written by state police, with Leicester officers issuing the other 124.

Ever since voters passed a referendum in 2008 that made possession of less than one ounce of marijuana a civil offense, police continue to complain about the law not having enough teeth to enforce it and collect the fines.

“We've lost money on every single one of those citations,” Leicester Police Chief James J. Hurley said of the stack of unpaid citations. “One of the things that the Question Two proponents were selling at the time was that this was going to bring money into the towns.”

http://www.telegram.com/article/2011...106279879/1116

Please red the entire article before commenting
    I do remember the buzz (no pun) on this when they introduced the idea. However, with no way to enforce these citations, this will soon be tossed out.

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

Sue them for an unpaid debt?/ or some type of breech of something, If your willing to break a law then be a man and pay the fine.

I find it hilarious that they want to basically ban smoking everywhere but make it easier to smoke weed when its just as dangerous as cigarettes.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

This is one of the dumbest things that I have ever heard of in my life. What's the point of having such a tothless law? They might as well just decriminalize have less than 1 ounce of bud. It is costing them more time, recources and not to mention trees (no pun intended) to write a bunch of meaningless citations than it would be to not even bother with it.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shortking98's Items on eBay

This is one of the dumbest things that I have ever heard of in my life. What's the point of having such a tothless law? They might as well just decriminalize have less than 1 ounce of bud. It is costing them more time, recources and not to mention trees (no pun intended) to write a bunch of meaningless citations than it would be to not even bother with it.

It is decriminalized, they just have no way of collecting on the fines if people don't pay. What they need to do is either legalize it or adjust the law so that people have to identify themselves and pay up