Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

Welcome MSNBC's new anchor...Al Sharpton.

Sharpton Appears to Win Olbermann's MSNBC Spot

The Rev. Al Sharpton apparently will have a new pulpit soon on MSNBC. The controversial civil rights activist will be given the 6 p.m. Eastern time slot that opened as a result of the lineup shake-up that occurred with the departure of Keith Olbermann in January, The New York Times reports.

Al Sharpton, MSNBC, OlbermannThe move is a bit of a surprise, as Internet talk show host Cenk Uygur has been trying out for the slot for about six months. Sharpton has been anchoring the hour for the past three weeks.

And he starts it off in classic Reverend Sharpton fashion:

Sharpton Slams Black Journalists Questioning His Credentials
    Rev. Al Sharpton spoke out against Black journalists who criticized his credentials to host an upcoming show on MSNBC.

“We can’t get into a crabs in the barrel mentality,’’ Sharpton told The Root. “We cannot let them play us off one another. There is a history here. Kweisi Mfume had a talk show. Jesse Jackson Jr. had a talk show. If someone can advocate nationwide, we need to do that given the pain of our people. We need to do that on television, in newspapers and magazines. And all of us need to be united.’’

Stay classy MSNBC.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

This is the best. No matter who FoxNews hires I will always be able to cling to this.

And can somebody please tell me what the heck a "crabs in the barrel mentality" is?

Transferred Feedback
    NSCF(1)
    Country

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shortking98's Items on eBay

Rev. Al Sharpton spoke out against Black journalists who criticized his credentials to host an upcoming show on MSNBC.

Strange, I never even realized there were any required credentials for hosting a talk show on MSNBC...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

Lol, all good by me. Keep running out the stooges like olberman, schultz, sharpton lol.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Strange, I never even realized there were any required credentials for hosting a talk show on MSNBC...

I honestly don't know what they said, but my guess is they questioned his "credentials" to be a host that will not make an arse of himself and a bigger joke of MSNBC, not just to be a host.

The fact that he is far-left and says a lot of stupid things that most people disagree with is all that is needed to qualify him to be an MSNBC host.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

MSNBC is a joke.