Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Looking for Chicago Bears & Packers items for Children's Charity (Heart of Gold)

Hey guys, I know this is last minute, but there is a Children's Charity holding a golf outing down the road from me on Sunday August 13th and they're holding a silent auction fundraiser that I know Auto/GU cards would make a killing at. I'm just checking with the SCF community to see if I can buy some stuff on the cheap to put into the auction. (Donations of cards are accepted, but that's not why I'm writing). It's right on the WI/IL border so I know Packers, Bears, Cubs, Sox, Brewers, Bucks and Bulls would make some money for their cause.

For a lot of us a GU item isn't much, but a lot of outsiders to the industry don't even know cards with a piece of a player-worn jersey exist and it's nice to see people excited about them.

The charity is "HEART OF GOLD CHARITY", based out of southeastern WI. They help families and parents that have children born with rare defects. The organizer's son Braden Petska was born with a rare congenital heart condition and unfortunately passed away before his 3rd birthday in 2009. The Petska family was thankful of all the support they received as parents of a struggling child and they formed Heart Of Gold Charity to pass along the love that they felt to other parents of children needing urgent care in Milwaukee hospitals. This is the 5th annual outing and they seriously do some great stuff like offer to pay for hospital bills and hotel stays of parents with needy children, gift baskets filled with local restaurant gift cards, scholarships for soon to be nurses and doctors to help pay for their college education and most recently they have helped raise $30,000 for Children's Hospital of Wisconsin.

Each year they have tons of stuff at the auction, but alot of it is not-really guy oriented. To give you an idea of the good you can do, last year I donated some Bears & Packers GU/Auto cards into 2 small lots along with a Derek Rose auto that ended up selling for over $250. The SV on those was probably $40 at the time, so it does make a difference. This year I'll be offering up some of my PC to help raise money as well, but just wanted to check with you all.

If anyone feels moved to donate directly, you can do so by clicking below and follow the Donate Now button:
    http://www.heartofgoldcharity.org/index.html

Here is Braden's story, who the charity was based on while he was still alive:
    http://www.heartofgoldcharity.org/story.html

You can view a blog that his mother still updates occasionally here:
    http://www.babybradenpetska.blogspot.com/

I KNOW there have been scams on here before, so if anyone wanted to donate directly, please send to the address on their website. To validate this as a legit cause I will be at the event and post photos of the cards up for auction. I'll also update this thread with the final numbers on the money raised. Please feel free to call them directly and confirm that they know me, Chad Kinzle.

Only problem is that I'd need you to ship by Monday to ensure the items are here by Thursday/Friday, allowing time to make the auction sheets describing them.

Thanks for the look & consideration towards helping this cause!

Chad
    Last edited by Helmutt; 08-05-2011 at 03:00 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See newhause51's Items on eBay

I've got a James Jones auto from 2011 Topps that sounds like it'd be perfect.