Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See undefeated*'s Items on eBay

If somebody breaks into your house, the odds are very good that they are in fact armed. I had that happen to me once. Hence, this is my boom stick:

Well, not that particular one of course. But mine is the same model.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Are you saying you cannot protect yourself without the use of a gun? Apparently your government is already making restrictions on how you can protect yourself (current gun laws), so it appears your gullibility or your rights are not absolute.

I have survived 45 years on this planet without the need of a GUN to protect me. I am certain, with good health, I can survive another 45 years. If someone breaks into my home, they better be armed; it will get my compliance, otherwise they will have bitten off more than they can chew.

I have survived 41 years without having to pull my gun but that doesn't mean I want to find myself in year 42 or 43 and need it and not have it.

The simple reality is that 99.9% of gun owners never have to brandish their firearm in self-defense, but I can guarantee you that the .01% that had to are glad they had the right to do so.

Odds are that anyone who breaks into your house will not be unarmed. If they are armed then it is my guess that while you are being compliant, watching them take your belongings or doing worse, you will be sitting there promising yourself that if you survive this you will be buying yourself a gun.

Guns are like motorcycle helmets, you might never need it, but if you do, you better have it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

If somebody breaks into your house, the odds are very good that they are in fact armed. I had that happen to me once. Hence, this is my boom stick:

Well, not that particular one of course. But mine is the same model.

Can I get an amen!! Preach it brother!!
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

Guns are like motorcycle helmets, you might never need it, but if you do, you better have it.

its kind of funny that last statement was by someone who has Ben Roethlisberger in his signature

on the subject I'm all fine for people having them at home to defend themselves but think those that are walking around with them on their hip are just looking ridiculous

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See intimadator2007's Items on eBay

its kind of funny that last statement was by someone who has Ben Roethlisberger in his signature

on the subject I'm all fine for people having them at home to defend themselves but think those that are walking around with them on their hip are just looking ridiculous

If your working on the southside of Atlanta and don't have one you look like a target for crime if you have one then they leave you alone ...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

If your working on the southside of Atlanta and don't have one you look like a target for crime if you have one then they leave you alone ...

Or anywhere in Georgia for that matter.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I have survived 41 years without having to pull my gun but that doesn't mean I want to find myself in year 42 or 43 and need it and not have it.

The simple reality is that 99.9% of gun owners never have to brandish their firearm in self-defense, but I can guarantee you that the .01% that had to are glad they had the right to do so.

Odds are that anyone who breaks into your house will not be unarmed. If they are armed then it is my guess that while you are being compliant, watching them take your belongings or doing worse, you will be sitting there promising yourself that if you survive this you will be buying yourself a gun.

I guess you skipped over the link I posted earlier in this thread.

Do you have any stats to back that up?
    Last edited by habsheaven; 07-10-2011 at 01:22 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I can't back up the 99.9% statement because there is no way to know what is in people's hearts and minds. I do however have an uncle that killed an intruder while the intruder was trying to kill a visitor at his house, and while he regrets taking a life he does not regret that his wife, himself and a family friend are alive because of his actions. After the incident he purchased a handgun for his wife in case he was ever not home.

As for the "Odds are" statement, that is just logic. The idea that the majority of those breaking into houses will not be armed is neither commonly accepted nor logical.

And yes, I read the article. My guess is that the father does not regret using his gun, he regrets killing his son. Had the bullet killed the intruder then I am sure he would be fine with it.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I can't back up the 99.9% statement because there is no way to know what is in people's hearts and minds. I do however have an uncle that killed an intruder while the intruder was trying to kill a visitor at his house, and while he regrets taking a life he does not regret that his wife, himself and a family friend are alive because of his actions. After the incident he purchased a handgun for his wife in case he was ever not home.

As for the "Odds are" statement, that is just logic. The idea that the majority of those breaking into houses will not be armed is neither commonly accepted nor logical.

And yes, I read the article. My guess is that the father does not regret using his gun, he regrets killing his son. Had the bullet killed the intruder then I am sure he would be fine with it.

To the first bolded part. The "majority" of break-ins are perpetrated by addicts and teenagers (at least in my neck of the woods, based on those that are caught) and they do not have weapons on them.

To the second bolded part. You are not very good at guessing. To think anyone, after shooting their own son, would be "okay" with the choice to introduce a gun into the equation is assinine.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

To the first bolded part. The "majority" of break-ins are perpetrated by addicts and teenagers (at least in my neck of the woods, based on those that are caught) and they do not have weapons on them.

To the second bolded part. You are not very good at guessing. To think anyone, after shooting their own son, would be "okay" with the choice to introduce a gun into the equation is assinine.

I thought Michael Moore said there were no guns in Canada.....

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast