I was bored, so sue me! How did I end up with this team?

Wife had the remote tonight so I figured I'd feed the need and quickly join a Yahoo Public league that was drafting tonight. Apparently I got put in a league with a bunch of guys who were interested in losing to me. I had the #5 pick in this league of 10 guys. First, there were a few surprises....

1. Peyton Manning went #1 overall.
    2. Chris Johnson fell to me at #5
    3. Phillip Rivers went #7 overall.
    4. Matt Schaub went #11 (before Rodgers, Brady, Brees, etc.)
    5. Pittsburgh D/ST went #20 overall and Roethlisberger went #21 overall.

With all that being said and done, here is my team...

QB - Josh Freeman (Round 10, STEAL!)
    WR - Hakeem Nicks (Round 3)
    WR - DeSean Jackson (Round 4)
    WR - Mike Williams (TB) (Round 5)
    RB - Chris Johnson (Round 1)
    RB - LeSean McCoy (Round 2)
    TE - Vernon Davis (Round 6)
    BN - Anquan Boldin (Round 7)
    BN - Sidney Rice (Round 9)
    BN - Ryan Grant (Round 11)
    BN - Mikel LeShoure (Round 12)
    BN - Marshawn Lynch (Round 14)
    BN - Devin Hester (Round 15)

K - Josh Brown (Round 13)

D/ST - New England Patriots (Round 8)

So, what do you guys think?
    Collecting Green Bay Packers and University of Michigan Wolverines GU and Autographs!
    Tradelist (FT or FS): Hidden Content

2. Wata Photo
    Peyton Manning went # 1, sounds like you are playing with at least one genius!

Collecting PEYTON MANNING, CAL RIPKEN JR, AUSTIN COLLIE AND CURRENT COLTS
    **IN THAT ORDER, PEYTON TAKES PRIORITY**

Anquan Boldin in the 7th round is a total steal.
    Hidden Content
    Looking for everyone Anquan Boldin card I don't have, even base and inserts
    I go by SELL VALUE, book value means nothing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by WVcoltsfan View Post
    Peyton Manning went # 1, sounds like you are playing with at least one genius!
    Hahaha Tim. I'm glad you're not biased :)
    Collecting Green Bay Packers and University of Michigan Wolverines GU and Autographs!

I still have my doubts about Chris Johnson especially now that he has no QB. Defenses are going to key in on one guy on that team and that will be him. They'll probably stack the line to prevent him from gaining any significant yardage. It's also hard for me to see Desean and Mccoy get as much touches as they did last year b/c of Vick. I see Vick running with the ball more than Mccoy and possibly having more rushing yardage than him. It'll be interesting to watch the Eagles this year with Vick at the helm for a full season.

I like your Tampa steals in Freeman and Williams. They're the future of that team. Also think you did good with Lynch in the bottom rounds as well as Rice (if he has a decent QB to throw to him).
    ALWAYS looking for rare high end Kevin Kolb stuff.
    Looking also to complete these sets for baseball:
    1992: UD MINORS Player of the Year inserts
    1993: SP Foil RC set
    1994: SP Holoview set & Flair Hot Glove

Quote Originally Posted by Project 4 View Post
    I still have my doubts about Chris Johnson especially now that he has no QB. Defenses are going to key in on one guy on that team and that will be him. They'll probably stack the line to prevent him from gaining any significant yardage. It's also hard for me to see Desean and Mccoy get as much touches as they did last year b/c of Vick. I see Vick running with the ball more than Mccoy and possibly having more rushing yardage than him. It'll be interesting to watch the Eagles this year with Vick at the helm for a full season.

I like your Tampa steals in Freeman and Williams. They're the future of that team. Also think you did good with Lynch in the bottom rounds as well as Rice (if he has a decent QB to throw to him).
    Thanks a lot for the comments! I, too, think that Williams and Freeman are the future of that team. I'm not high on Lynch but I think he can have a breakout year as long as he plays with the intensity that he did in the playoffs.